Subject: [domainrep] Fwd: IETF 83 - Registration and Hotel Reservation Cut-off

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:02:06 -0800

FYI.

d/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: IETF 83 - Registration and Hotel Reservation Cut-off
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:30:29 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

83rd IETF Meeting
Paris, France
March 25-30, 2012
Host: TBD

Meeting venue:  Le Palais des Congres de Paris
http://www.viparis.com/Viparis/exhibition-paris/site/Palais-Congres-Paris-Paris/en/4

Register online at: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/83/

1.  Registration
2.  Visas & Letters of Invitation
3.  Accommodations: Le Meridien Reservation Cut-off is January 23, 2012
4.  Companion Program

1. Registration
	A. Early-Bird Registration - USD 650.00 Pay by Friday, 16 March 2012 1700 PT 
(UTC -7)
	B. After Early-Bird cutoff - USD 800.00
	C. Full-time Student Registrations - USD 150.00 (with proper ID)
	D. One Day Pass Registration - USD 350.00
	E. Registration Cancellation 	
		Cut-off for registration cancellation is Monday, 19 March 2012 at 1700 PT (UTC 
-7).
		Cancellations are subject to a 10% (ten percent)cancellation fee if requested 
by that date and time.
	F. Online Registration and Payment ends Friday, 23 March 2012,1700 local Paris 
time.
	G. On-site Registration starting Sunday, 25 March 2012 at 1100 local Paris time.

2. Visas & Letters of Invitation:
	Information on Visiting France, please visit:
	http://www.consulfrance-sanfrancisco.org/spip.php?rubrique201

	After you complete the registration process, you can request an electronic IETF 
Letter of Invitation. You may also request one at a later time by following the 
link provided in the confirmation email.

	Orange has graciously offered to provide letters of invitation (LOIs) for those 
who needs visas to enter France. In order to add this functionality, the letter 
of invitation system will be offline next Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the 
United States). We expect to start providing IETF and Host LOIs on Wednesday of 
next week, and will send a notice out as soon as the system is operational.

3.  Accommodations
	The IETF is holding blocks of guest rooms at 2 hotels in Paris:
	The Hotel Concorde La Fayette (Headquarter Hotel - connected to meeting venue) 
and the Le Meridien Etoile (directly across the street from the meeting venue)
	Room rates include one complimentary daily buffet breakfast and complimentary 
in-room high-speed Internet access. All service fees and VAT are included in 
guest room rates.

	NOTE: Continental Breakfast will NOT be served at the meeting venue.

	Reservations Cut off Date:
	23 January 2012 at the Le Meridien
	09 March 2012 at Hotel Concorde

****Cancellation Policy at Le Meridien****

	Guest Cancellation:
	- There is no charge if room is cancelled prior to March 2012
	- There is a one night charge for cancellations made between 09 March and 23 
March 2012
	- If the room is cancelled from 23 March 2012 or if the guest is a "no-show" 
then the amount of the entire stay will be charged onto the guest's credit card.

	Early Departure Fee: Early departure will be charged for the duration of the 
stay as reserved if changes are made after March 23, 2012.

	Guest Substitution: Guest name substitute may be made by contacting Corinne 
Vissenberg <[email-masked]>.

****Cancellation Policy at Hotel Concorde***
	
	Reservation Deposit and Cancellations:
	- Guaranteed reservations will be held until the night of the arrival date.
	- Guests will be be charged 1 night's stay and tax at the time the reservation 
is made.
	- 15 days prior to scheduled arrival the guest's credit card shall be charged 
for an additional 2 nights stay and tax which is non-refundable.
	
	Guest Cancellation:
	- Guest will forfeit the non-refundable deposit paid as of the date of the 
cancellation.

	Guest Substitution:
	- Guests may substitute names for reserved rooms without  penalty.

	Early Departure Fee:
	- In the event of early departure, the guest will be charged for the remainder 
of their stay. Should the room nights be re-sold, the guest will be refunded for 
the resold room nights.

	For additional information on rates and policies, please visit:
	http://www.ietf.org/meeting/83/hotel.html

4.  Companion Program
	If you are traveling with a friend or family member over 18 years of age you 
can register them for the IETF Companion Program for only USD 15.00

	Benefits include:
	- A special welcome reception for companions from 1630-1730 on Sunday, 25 March
	- Ability to attend the official Welcome Reception from 1700-1900 on Sunday, 25 
March
	- A distinctive meeting badge that grants access to the venue (not to be used 
to attend working sessions)
	- Participation in a separate companion email list if you choose to help 
communicate and make plans with other IETF Companions.

	You can register your companion at any time via the IETF website or onsite at 
the meeting.

	To join the 83 companions mailing list see:
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/83companions

Only 71 days until the Paris IETF!
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net