Subject: [domainrep] template formats

From: Steve Allam <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 07:44:50 +0000

All,

(Again from off-list conversations with Murray)

May I ask if there is a format for the template, located at the 
well-known URI?  There have been references to a draft on this I think - 
but one is not available on the ietf site?

- extract from conversation with Murray:

"That's what the well-known URI is for.  Your vocabulary names all the 
required and optional parameters for the query.  A service implementing 
your vocabulary puts a template at the well-known URI that tells a 
client how to form the query given those parameters and where to send 
it.  Then the client fills in the template and issues the query.

> - My expectation would be something like:
>
> https://logiq.com/sender_reputation/blackops.org/msk?ip=1.1.1.1&recip=steve 
>
> [email-masked]&direction=inbound&spf=pass
>
> or
>
> https://logiq.com/sender_reputation?ip=1.1.1.1&sender=[email-masked]&reci 
>
> p=[email-masked]&direction=inbound&spf=pass

The current system supports either.  You would just provide the 
template. In fact to switch from one to the other, the only thing that 
changes is the template; the client doesn't need any software changes.  
The server, of course, would need to know what format clients are about 
to start using. "

and....

"Then when I go to repute.trustsphere.com and ask for the well-known 
URI, I get back:

https://{service}/logiq.php{?subject,application,assertion,service,clientip,signer,custkey}
"

This line was new to me, in terms of knowing how to add parameters in 
the template - which document defines the template?
[URI-TEMPLATE] is mentioned - is this available?

Thanks,

Steve

-
*
Steve Allam | * Chief Technology Officer *| TrustSphere *

3 Phillip Street, #13-03 Commerce Point, Singapore, 048693
Tel: +65 6536 5203 | Fax: +65 6536 5463
[email-masked] | www.trustsphere.com