Subject: [domainrep] Research on Reputation Analysis in Email Systems

From: Dileepa Jayakody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:33:34 +0530

Hi All,

I'm Dileepa Jayakody, a Sri Lankan masters research student doing research
on "Reputation Analysis in Email Systems".
I went through the Repute RFCs (rfc7070,7071,7072,7073) and I find them
highly interesting and relevant to my field of study.

Let me first give you an overview of my project.
I'm aiming to develop an email reputation application platform as an API to
retrieve reputation of emails computed based on the email meta-data
(headers) and content (subject and body). I feel that in order to analyse
the relevance and reputation of a particular email it's necessary to
compute both the identity and the content.  In fact in some spam filter
applications both these techniques are used to filter incoming spams. I
think spam-filtering is just one application of email reputation and there
is so much potential to other application contexts such as user-profiling,
inbox prioritizing, automatic labeling etc. As a demo-application of my
research I'm aiming to develop a priority inbox by considering email's
reputation score computed based on the people involved (identity), topics
discussed, actions required and sentiments.

In the repute working-group, I see that the focus is mainly on
identity-based reputation architecture with reference to existing
architectures like DKIM, SPF etc.  I would like to know if you are also
interested in defining guidelines,techniques to process email content to
retrieve reputation data from email content. I would also appreciate any
pointers to sample applications or PoCs implemented based on the reputation
architecture discussed in this working group.

I highly appreciate any suggestions, pointers to my research and wish to
continue discussing my findings, methodologies with this working group if
you allow me to.

Looking forward to your ideas.

Thanks,
Dileepa