Subject: [Dots] FW: I-D Action: draft-teague-dots-protocol-02.txt

From: "Teague, Nik" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 18:53:27 +0000

FYI – a new version of draft-teague-dots-protocol has been upload.  This version refocuses on the signal channel only after discussions to consolidate data channel efforts.

Thanks, and as always – comments are appreciated and encouraged.

-Nik

On 15/02/2017, 18:49, "I-D-Announce on behalf of [email-masked]" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

            Title           : DDoS Open Threat Signaling Protocol
            Authors         : Nik Teague
                              Andrew Mortensen
    	Filename        : draft-teague-dots-protocol-02.txt
    	Pages           : 30
    	Date            : 2017-02-15
    
    Abstract:
       This document describes Distributed-Denial-of-Service (DDoS) Open
       Threat Signaling (DOTS), a protocol for requesting and managing
       mitigation of DDoS attacks.
    
       DOTS mitigation requests over the signal channel permit domains to
       signal the need for help fending off DDoS attacks, setting the scope
       and duration of the requested mitigation.  Elements called DOTS
       servers field the signals for help, and enable defensive
       countermeasures to defend against the attack reported by the clients,
       reporting the status of the delegated defense to the requesting
       clients.  DOTS clients additionally may use a reliable data channel
       to manage filters and black- and white-lists to restrict or allow
       traffic to the clients' domains arbitrarily.  The DOTS signal channel
       may operate over UDP [RFC0768] and if necessary TCP [RFC0793].  This
       revision discusses a transport-agnostic approach to this channel,
       focusing on the message exchanges and delegating transport specifics
       to other documents.  Discussion of the reliable data channel may be
       found in [I-D.reddy-dots-data-channel].

    The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-teague-dots-protocol/
    
    There's also a htmlized version available at:
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-teague-dots-protocol-02
    
    A diff from the previous version is available at:
    https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-teague-dots-protocol-02

    Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
    until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
    
    Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
    ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
    
    _______________________________________________
    I-D-Announce mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
    Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
    or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt