Subject: [Dots] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:53:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DDoS Open Threat Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Use cases for DDoS Open Threat Signaling
        Authors         : Roland Dobbins
                          Daniel Migault
                          Stefan Fouant
                          Robert Moskowitz
                          Nik Teague
                          Liang Xia
                          Kaname Nishizuka
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-08.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2017-10-24

Abstract:
   The DDoS Open Threat Signaling (DOTS) effort is intended to provide a
   protocol that facilitates interoperability between multivendor
   solutions/services.  This document presents use cases to evaluate the
   interactions expected between the DOTS components as well as DOTS
   messaging exchanges.  The purpose of describing use cases is to
   identify the interacting DOTS components, how they collaborate and
   what are the types of information to be exchanged.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dots-use-cases/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Roland Dobbins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 04:59:47 +0700

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-dots-use-cases-08.txt

Comments and suggestions welcome; in particular, the WG's consensus on 
the Home Network use-case in Section 3.2.2 and the relative value it 
adds as compared to the other use cases would be greatly appreciated.

We'd like to rev the draft at least one more time prior to the 
pre-meeting cutoff, so please don't be shy!

;>

-----------------------------------
Roland Dobbins <[email-masked]>

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 21:29:06 -0400

Hi,

Thanks Roland for posting 08. I have a few comments
Use case from section  3.1.1 to 3.1.4 seems to me very similar, thus I am
wondering if it would not make sense to have them in one section.

Nit:

When an attack is detected, an automated or manual DOTS mitigation request
is be generated. I believe "be" should be removed.

section 3.1.{5, 6, 7, 8}, 3.2.{1, 2, 3}  all mention the DOTS communication
model is the one of Section 3.1.1 or Section 3.1.2. I am thus wondering if
it would not help to have this model described as a model from which the
use cases are derived.

Yours,
Daniel

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Roland Dobbins <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Comments and suggestions welcome; in particular, the WG's consensus on the
> Home Network use-case in Section 3.2.2 and the relative value it adds as
> compared to the other use cases would be greatly appreciated.
>
> We'd like to rev the draft at least one more time prior to the pre-meeting
> cutoff, so please don't be shy!
>
> ;>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Dots mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dots
>