Subject: [Dots] Availability of DOTS Server

From: "Jon Shallow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 14:08:12 -0000

As mentioned at the last DOTS Virtual Meeting, I would aim to get a DOTS
server up and running to test against.  It has taken a bit longer than I
said - so apologies for that.

The DOTS server is hosted at dotsserver.ddos-secure.net , listening on ports
5684 and 4646 for CoAP over both DTLS and TLS.

The data channel is not currently available, but should be shortly.

At present, you can come in from any IP address, but need to use the Client
and CA certificates that provided as part of the nttdots project for
authentication (https://github.com/nttdots/go-dots/tree/master/certs) .  It
is on my ToDo list to use a different set of certificates.  Thanks to
nttdots for making the current set of certificates available.

The DOTS server will accept mitigation requests for 1.1.1.69, 1.1.1.71, and
1.1.2.0/24

It is possible the server may go down briefly - when we update the s/w - but
should be for no more than a minute.

The server supports signal draft -06, as well as the changes so far in
https://github.com/dotswg/dots-signal-channel/blob/master/draft-ietf-dots-si
gnal-channel-07.txt.

You should get back CoAP diagnostic messages saying what is failing for
troubleshooting at both ends.  I have logging enabled at my end.

We also have a working DOTS client which can be pointed to an external DOTS
server for testing - we need a client cert + key for that.  Some of the DOTS
gateway "glue" is in place.

Regards

Jon