Subject: [Dots] Data Channel DELETE

From: "Jon Shallow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 17:29:17 -0000

Hi Tiru et al,

We need to rework the DELETE example to handle both alias-name and
client-identifier when deleting an alias-name.  The same is true for
acl-names.

Original

======

3.2.2.  Delete Identifiers

   A DELETE request is used to delete identifiers maintained by a DOTS

   server (Figure 5).

     DELETE /restconf/data/ietf-dots-data-channel-identifier:identifier\

            /alias=Server1 HTTP/1.1

     Host: {host}:{port}

                        Figure 5: DELETE identifier

Suggestion (there may be a better way of doing this..) for a list of 2
client-identifiers.

=========

3.2.2.  Delete Identifiers

   A DELETE request is used to delete identifiers maintained by a DOTS

   server (Figure 5).

     DELETE /restconf/data/ietf-dots-data-channel-identifier:identifier\

/alias-name=Server1&client-identifier=dz6pHjaADkaFTbjr0JGBpw==,diffHjaADkaFT
bjr0JGOne== HTTP/1.1

     Host: {host}:{port}

                        Figure 5: DELETE identifier

======

However, we may need to drop the trailing == and certainly explain the
client-identifier field. alias should also be alias-name.

Regards

Jon

---

From: "Konda, Tirumaleswar Reddy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 08:40:13 +0000

Hi Jon,

Agree with your comments. Updated the examples in DOTS data channel to convey 2 client-identifiers and changed DOTS signal channel draft to use base64url encoding (to couple the DOTS signal and data channel based on the "client-identifier" parameter value).
Replaced "alias" with "alias-name".

Thanks and Regards,
-Tiru

From: Dots [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jon Shallow
Sent: Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dots] Data Channel DELETE

Hi Tiru et al,

We need to rework the DELETE example to handle both alias-name and client-identifier when deleting an alias-name.  The same is true for acl-names.

Original
======

Suggestion (there may be a better way of doing this....) for a list of 2 client-identifiers.
=========

     DELETE /restconf/data/ietf-dots-data-channel-identifier:identifier\
            /alias-name=Server1&client-identifier=dz6pHjaADkaFTbjr0JGBpw==,diffHjaADkaFTbjr0JGOne== HTTP/1.1
     Host: {host}:{port}

======

However, we may need to drop the trailing == and certainly explain the client-identifier field. alias should also be alias-name.

Regards

Jon