Subject: [PEPPERMINT] FW: PEPPERMINT - Requested session has been scheduled for IETF 70
From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:19:52 -0400
List-Id: Provisioning Extensions in Peering Registries for Multimedia INTerconnection <peppermint.ietf.org>

PEPPERMINT Session 1 (1 hour)
Thursday, Afternoon Session II 1510-1610
Room Name: Salon 2
----------------------------------------------

Requested Information:

---------------------------------------------------------
Working Group Name: peppermint
Area Name: Real-time Applications and Infrastructure Area

Number of Sessions: 1
Length of Session(s):  1 hour

Number of Attendees: 100
Conflicts to Avoid:

_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:18:30 -0400
Cc: "'Creighton, Tom'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [PEPPERMINT] I have it on good authority that the PEPPERMINT BOF has been approved for IETF 70

Time TBD.

We will be working or a revised agenda ASAP.

Individuals interested in making presentations should contact myself or Tom
Creighton.

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org 
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:07:03 -0400
Cc: 
Subject: [PEPPERMINT] These were the documents from the last time we considered a Peppermint BOF.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schwartz-peppermint-e164-provisioning-data-
set-00

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-newton-peppermint-problem-statement-00

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lewis-peppermint-enum-reg-if-00

It would be a good time to review them and see whether they are still
relevant.

Richard Shockey
Director, Member of the Technical Staff
NeuStar
46000 Center Oak Plaza - Sterling, VA 20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org 
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> 
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>

_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:05:16 -0400
Cc: 
Subject: [PEPPERMINT] I have formally requested a BOF on the PEPPERMINT proposition for Vancouver.

I have submitted to the RAI AD's and the agenda folks a proposed BOF. I
would like folks to consider the proposed charter and comment. Should folks
wish to present drafts or simply wish to present ideas let us know ASAP.

Peppermint BOF

Provisioning Extensions in Peering Registries for Multimedia
Interconnection.

Mailing Lists: 

  [email-masked]

General information about the mailing list is at:

  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint

BOF chairs:

Richard Shockey [[email-masked]] 

Other co-chairs TBD waiting on approvals...

Temporary Area Directorate: Real Time Applications (RAI)

Ultimate Area Directorate: TBD

BOF Purpose.

The ENUM and SPEERMINT working groups are working on various aspects of
Multi Media Interconnection. ENUM is specifically chartered to develop
protocols that involve the translation of E.164 numbers to URI's. 
 
SPEERMINT has been chartered to develop best current practices among
real-time application service providers and how such services interconnect
across domain boundaries.

It is clear from discussions in both working groups that Multi-Media
Interconnection will require various forms of data to be exchanged among
administrative domains outside the normal scope of establishing various
forms of a SIP session.

Such data exchanges might be provisioning of various forms of Registries
containing mappings of phone numbers to URI, policies surrounding the
admission to points of network interconnection,  trunking data and the
distribution of Registry data to various types of databases. 

Provisioning may include PBX to service provider data exchanges as well.

The purpose of the BOF is to determine the need and scope for such data
exchanges, what existing protocols need to be adapted to meet those needs
and the appropriate schema and queries are needed to facilitate such
exchanges.

The IETF has in the past done significant work on data exchanges among
various administrative entities. In particular the PROVREG working group
developed various schema and query mechanisms to facilitate the exchange of
data among domain name registries and registrars.

The ENUM Working group has adapted PROVREG working group protocols to
develop RFC 4114, which facilitates the provisioning of ENUM data in the DNS
tree.  However, there has been little adoption of RFC 4114, and many of the
participants of the SPEERMINT working group require both data models and
protocol features not found in RFC 4114.

The proposed PEPPERMINT working group will build upon the knowledge gained
from those efforts, and the intent of this proposed working group is to find
a provisioning solution for peering as defined by SPEERMINT. The final work
product(s) from this working group will be based upon XML.
   
Additionally,
bias will be given to re-using either EPP, HTTP/REST, HTTP/XML-RPC, or
HTTP/SOAP.

Proposed Deliverables

Requirements for PEPPERMINT data exchanges.

Provisioning of PEPPERMINT data registries.

Provisioning of PEPPERMINT/ENUM data caches.

_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint