Subject: [drinks] FW: [RAI] The US Federal Communications Commission just sent the RAI/SIP community an early Christmas present...

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:07:43 -0400

FYI  ..you have a whole new market for the protocol. 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Richard Shockey
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2011 2:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [RAI] The US Federal Communications Commission just sent the
RAI/SIP community an early Christmas present...

Mandatory IP interconnection for E.164 named Voice

26. IP-to-IP Interconnection. We recognize the importance of interconnection
to

competition and the associated consumer benefits. We anticipate that the
reforms we adopt will

further promote the deployment and use of IP networks, and seek comment in
the accompanying

FNPRM regarding the policy framework for IP-to-IP interconnection. We also
make clear that

even while our FNPRM is pending, we expect all carriers to negotiate in good
faith in response to

requests for IP-to-IP interconnection for the exchange of voice traffic.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2011/db1027/DOC-3106
92A1.pdf

http://www.snrdenton.com/news__insights/alerts/2011-10-28_overhaul.aspx

http://www.dwt.com/LearningCenter/Advisories?find=441777

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting
Chairman of the Board of Directors SIP Forum
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
skype-linkedin-facebook: rshockey101
http//www.sipforum.org