Subject: [drinks] Thoughts on sppp-over-soap-06

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 16:50:06 -0600

I really like the new approach to splitting generic and implementation
protocols. This is looking good.

In 3. SOAP Features and Protocol Layering we have a sentence that
doesn't parse for me:

Orig:

It is characterized by setting the soapAction binding style as
_document_, the soapAction encoding style    as _literal_, and then
defining the SOAP messages to simply contain a single data element
that _wraps_ that is a data structure containing all the required
input or output data elements.

Is this the same as:

It is characterized by setting the soapAction binding style as
_document_, the soapAction encoding style    as _literal_, and then
defining the SOAP messages to simply contain a single data element
that _wraps_ a data structure containing all the required input or
output data elements.

(I took out a "that is" that seemed superfluous, after _wraps_).

One general worry point is that we sometimes refer to "SPPP" behavior,
when we're talking about "SPPP over SOAP". This is evident in the
general description under section 6, which implies that the
SOAP-specific wrapping is an aspect of SPPP, whereas it's really tied
to our implementation of SPPP using SOAP. Could we call this
SPPP/SOAP? If so, a simple search-replace operation could fix section
6, and probably most of the following text.