Subject: [drinks] Rough notes from the design team call on 5/9

From: Sumanth Channabasappa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 23:18:40 +0000

IETF DRINKS DESIGN TEAM CALL
============================
5/9/2013, 11:00a-11:45a (Eastern)

Participants
============
- David Schwartz
- Dean Willis
- Vikas Bhatia
- Mickael Marrache 

- Sumanth Channabasappa

Rough Notes
===========
- The design team discussed the topic from the mailing list: retaining TN
+ DG (Destination Group) as the key, or to retain only the TN as the key
  > See recent mailing list exchanges for this topic
- David suggested - and Sumanth (as the chair) concurred -  that we take
REST out of the equation, and look at the current design to see if we
should leave it that way or change it as being suggested by Mickael.
- Vikas provided his view on the discussion and what is lost or gained;
and recommended that we don't make a change unless we are absolutely sure
- Dean made another suggestion, whereby he suggested that the DG be made
an attribute - which should provide the same functionality as it does
today?

- We did not come to specific conclusions since we felt that the rest of
the team was not present
- Sumanth (as the chair) suggested the following:
  > Keep RESTful implementations out of this discussion; and see if there
are merits to the current model v/s any changes
     - Mickael offered to send a proposal
  > Discuss the proposals (pros and cons) and ensure that we make a
decision that gets documented (to avoid rehashing this discussion)
     - Via mailing list discussions, and the next call (tentatively, next
Thu at 11a Eastern)