Subject: [drinks] [IANA #803729] Expert Review for draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap-07

From: "Pearl Liang via RT" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:12:19 +0000

Hello,

The requested IANA actions from this draft has been reviewed by the experts.
Please see below question and comment from Graham Klyne:

> This document is requesting a new URN assignment in ns registry in the XML
> registry http://www.iana.org/assignments/xml-registry/xml-registry.xhtml.
>
> Can this be approved?

[...]
I do have a couple of questions:

(a) the XML appears to use at least two new URNs:

xmlns:sppfb="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:sppf:base:1"
xmlns:sppfs="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:sppf:soap:1"

but only registers one:

urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:sppf:soap:1

It's probably fine - I think the other is registered in 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-drinks-spp-framework-09#section-11.1. 
Will these documents be going forward together? A little more explanation and 
cross-reference might conceivably be helpful (e.g. that the WSDL definition uses 
these new URNs, and where the other one is defined).

(b) it's not clear from the registration what the URN is being registered *as*. 
>From context, I think it is as an *XML namespace*, but I think it could be 
clearer (both XML Namespaces and XML Schemas are mentioned in the accompanying 
text).

...

I can't respond to the technical detail of the registration, but beyond the 
nit-questions above the request seems OK and I know of no reason to not go ahead 
with the registrations.

#g
--

Thanks,
~pl