Subject: [drinks] Last Call: <draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap-07.txt> (Session Peering Provisioning (SPP) Protocol over SOAP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 06:10:04 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Data for Reachability of
Inter/tra-NetworK SIP WG (drinks) to consider the following document:
- 'Session Peering Provisioning (SPP) Protocol over SOAP'
  <draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-01-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Session Peering Provisioning Framework (SPPF) specifies the data
   model and the overall structure to provision session establishment
   data into Session Data Registries and SIP Service Provider data
   stores.  To utilize this framework one needs a transport protocol.
   Given that Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) is currently widely
   used for messaging between elements of such provisioning systems,
   this document specifies the usage of SOAP (via HTTPS) as the
   transport protocol for SPPF.  The benefits include leveraging
   prevalent expertise, and a higher probability that existing
   provisioning systems will be able to easily migrate to using an SPPF
   based protocol.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.