Subject: [drinks] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap-07: (with COMMENT)

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 06:42:04 -0800

Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drinks-spp-protocol-over-soap/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In this text:

   This document RECOMMENDS SOAP 1.2 [SOAPREF] or higher, and WSDL 1.1
   [WSDLREF] or higher.
   
I'm not sure why these are RECOMMENDS, but more to the point, am I
reading this that there's no mandatory-to-implement version of SOAP or
WSDL for SPP over SOAP? I note that you have HTTP/1.1 or higher as a
"MUST use" in Section 4.