Subject: [eap] Re: Multiple RADIUS packets

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:36:41 -0800

If you're proposing changes to the EAP header to address fragmentation, I would suggest that you file an issue with the EAP WG mailing list using the format in:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues.html

This seems like the crucial issue because RFC 2869 already can handle EAP methods that support fragmentation (e.g. EAP TLS). So it would not appear to be a RADIUS issue, per se. 

---------- Original message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:43:14 -0800
From: Murtaza S. Chiba <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Murtaza S. Chiba <[email-masked]>
To: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>, Greg Weber <[email-masked]>
Subject: Multiple RADIUS packets

Hi Bernard,
	A mechanism to break-up a huge EAP message into multiple parts for 
transmission on the Authenticator-Authentication Server interface, I was 
thinking we can use a combination of Flags in the EAP message header, 
the state attribute(from the Authenticator and Authentication Server) 
and Access-Challenge from Authentication Server.
	That is the flag in the EAP packet indicates more fragments and the 
Authenticator includes its own State attribute which should be echo'd 
back by the Authentication Server in an Access-Challenge.  The 
Authentication Server should add its own State attribute only after the 
one from the Authenticator, just like a Proxy State.

Regards,
Murtaza