Subject: [eap] Two EAP-Related Drafts (complete message)

From: [email-masked] (Joe Salowey)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:03:33 -0800

Two drafts were recently submitted to the IETF that may be of interest
to the EAP working group. =20

The first is a proposal for an EAP-TLV to carry authorization
informaiton.  The second is an proposal for a method for
cryptographically protecting EAP-TLV messages. This is directly related
to the authorization document, but it may also be useful for tunnel
authentication binding.

Comments Welcome.

Thanks,

Joe

	Title		: EAP Authorization
	Author(s)	: M. Grayson, J. Salowey
	Filename	: draft-grayson-eap-authorisation-00.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2003-1-17
=09
This document specifies an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)=20
mechanism for authorization information exchange. EAP TLV is a=20
Container type for EAP messages. This mechanism describes an EAP TLV=20
for exchange of authorization related information which can take=20
place within the EAP framework and allows an authentic user to=20
provide the network with additional information in order to=20
determine which Internet Service is being requested.  This mechanism=20
may be chained after any EAP-Authentication mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grayson-eap-authorisation-00.t
xt

	Title		: Protected EAP TLV
	Author(s)	: J. Salowey
	Filename	: draft-salowey-eap-protectedtlv-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-1-17
=09
EAP type-length-value (TLV) message types provide a mechanism for=20
encapsulating additional information in an EAP conversation.  In some=20
cases it is useful to cryptographically protect this information to=20
maintain the integrity and/or privacy of the communication.  This=20
document defines a TLV type that uses message authentication to=20
maintain the integrity of the data, encryption to protect the privacy=20
of the data and sequence numbers to protect replays or re-sequencing=20
of the data. Although protected TLVs must be chained after an=20
authentication mechanism that generates key material the protection=20
mechanism is independent of any particular authentication mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-salowey-eap-protectedtlv-00.tx
t