Subject: [eap] Re: session-timeout usage

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:07:03 -0800 (PST)

> When EAP runs over a reliable lower-layer, does the RADIUS
> Session-Timeout attribute always need to be used for retransmission
> timer?

No. If not, the default will apply (in this case, infinite retransmission
time), otherwise RFC 2988 estimation.

> the authenticator can
> use the Session-Timeout attribute for authentication timer (i.e., if
> there is no EAP Response received within the Session-Timeout period
> the authentication would fail), instead of use it for retransmission
> timer.

I don't think we want to overload the definition of Session-Timeout yet
again, especially since the current definition was in RFC 2869 and has
been in use for several years now.

---

From: [email-masked] (Yoshihiro Ohba)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:05:59 -0500

> been in use for several years now.

All these make sense.

Thanks,
Yoshihiro Ohba