Subject: [eap] Re: Issue 117: Miscellaneous Technical NITs

From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:33:22 +0300

Bernard Aboba wrote:

>> Hmm... why? So Notification can't appear between a=20
>> completed method and success, for instance?
>
> Right. Or between a completed method and failure. That way after the
> method is complete the next packet (Success/Failure) is=20
> pre-determined.

Just to clarify this: do you mean by "pre-determined" that=20
the peer knows which one (Success or Failure) the authenticator
is going to send, or knows just that either one of them
is coming next? (I assume it's the latter, but just checking
that I've understood this right..)

BTW, I think Notifications could be quite useful between=20
a completed method and failure, to tell the client why the
connection failed. Otherwise each method will have to
specify its own mechanism for communicating this. This
might actually be a good idea, but then I guess we
should deprecate Notifications completely.

Best regards,
Pasi