Subject: [eap] EAP State Machines Draft

From: [email-masked] (John Vollbrecht)
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:00:17 -0400

In case this didn't get posted some other way, a new Internet Draft  " 
State Machines for EAP Peer and Authenticator" - 
draft-vollbrecht-eap-state-02 has been sent to the ietf draft repository.

This draft includes state machines for EAP Peer, Authenticator, Passthrough 
Method and "Backend Adapter".  It describes a way of implementing EAP with 
a common state machine in the Authenticator (or Access Point/NAS) and 
Backend Server.

The draft is also available from 
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~npetroni/EAP/draft-vollbrecht-eap-state-02.html and 
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~npetroni/EAP/ has pointers to the draft in text and 
postscript format.  The draft is very graphic oriented, with the actual 
state machines diagrams being the central focus - so the html or ps version 
is best for reading.  The Diagrams are also available on 
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~npetroni/EAP/.

The work on this was done by Nick Petroni, Pasi Eronen, Yoshihiro Ohba and 
myself.

We would like this to become an EAP working group document with review and 
update in the EAP wg.  Comments and questions are welcome and can be 
directed to the authors or to the EAP list [email-masked].