Subject: [eap] (Issue 113) Small nits about new section 7.2

From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:37:41 +0300

Couple of small proposals for section 7.2:=20

- Remove "key strength" from the list in [c] (no need to=20
  mention it twice)

- Move the key strength definition back from terminology to [d]=20
  like it was in -02. The following paragraph doesn't make much=20
  sense otherwise (actually, we don't need to include it in the=20
  terminology section since it's not used anywhere else
  in this document).

- Replace "...to achieve N bits of entropy..." with=20
  "...to achieve the stated key strength...", and=20
  "..by the entropy of the long-term secret..." with
  "..by the strength of the long-term secret..."=20
  (since technically, the (Shannon) entropy of both=20
  of them is very likely to be zero bits)

Best regards,
Pasi

---

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:14:58 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks. I've reflected these changes in the revised text of Issue 113 on
the EAP Issues web page:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues.html

In this revised text, I've also cleaned up section 7.10.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Couple of small proposals for section 7.2:

- Remove "key strength" from the list in [c] (no need to
  mention it twice)

- Move the key strength definition back from terminology to [d]
  like it was in -02. The following paragraph doesn't make much
  sense otherwise (actually, we don't need to include it in the
  terminology section since it's not used anywhere else
  in this document).

- Replace "...to achieve N bits of entropy..." with
  "...to achieve the stated key strength...", and
  "..by the entropy of the long-term secret..." with
  "..by the strength of the long-term secret..."
  (since technically, the (Shannon) entropy of both
  of them is very likely to be zero bits)

Best regards,
Pasi