Subject: [eap] One more clarification to 2869bis...

From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:41:35 +0300

Hi,

We've been working on pass-through/back-end state diagrams=20
with John, Nick, and Yoshiro, and I noticed one more issue
in 2869bis that at least needs clarification:

Section 2.1 says that "Success and Failure packets MUST=20
NOT be sent as the result of a timeout."

Does this mean that as the result of a timeout, the NAS=20
must not "manufacture" an EAP Failure packet, but simply end=20
the conversation, right? And "timeout" here applies to both=20
peer<->NAS and NAS<->RADIUS server communication?

(In the case of peer<->NAS timeout, it probably does not make=20
sense to send Failure since most likely it will be lost, too,=20
but in NAS<->RADIUS timeout it could make sense.)

If my interpretation was correct, maybe this could be rephrased
something like "The NAS MUST NOT "manufacture" a Success or Failure
packet as a result of a timeout, but simply end the EAP conversation."

Best regards,
Pasi