Subject: [eap] [802.1] Working Group ballot of P802.1aa/D6.1 - 802.1X maintenance (fwd)

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tony Jeffree
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 2:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [802.1] Working Group ballot of P802.1aa/D6.1 - 802.1X
maintenance

This Email is attached to an official 802.1 Task Group ballot form for
P802.1aa/D6.1.   As this is a full Working Group ballot, only 802.1
voting members and liaisons are entitled to vote; however, any
non-voting participants in the activities of 802.1 may submit a "Comment
Only" ballot on the draft. In accordance with established practice in
802, all comments received, whether from voters or non-voters, are given
due consideration during the ballot resolution process.

The closing date of this ballot is:

        17th July 2003

The PDF file of P802.1aa/D6.1 can be found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/private/aa-drafts/d6/802-1aa-d6-1.pdf

Username: p8021
Password: go_wildcats

If you have any difficulty downloading or reading this file, let me
know.

PLEASE NOTE that the volume of change in this document relative to D5 is
large, due to the re-description of the state machines in order to show
the distinction between the 802.1X protion and the "EAP Layer" portion
of the solution. In order to improve the clarity of the document, all
redline/strikout marking has been removed from D6.1, as the clutter of
deleted material was rendering the text difficult to read. However, a
version of D6.1 with redline/strikeout marking retained can be found in
the aa-drafts/d6 subdirectory of the website.

As is normal with our ballots, comments should specify not only what
problems have been identified with the text, but also what the commenter
proposes as a solution. In particular, Disapprove ballots MUST be
accompanied by Technical, Required and/or Editorial, Required comments
that clearly identify what the balloter requires to be done in order to
change his/her vote to Approve.

Any comments accompanying the ballot should be presented using the
following template:

NAME: <Your Name>
COMMENT TYPE: <TR (Technical, Required), T (Technical), ER (Editorial,
Required), or E (Editorial)>
CLAUSE: <Clause/subclause number>
PAGE: <Page number>
LINE: <Line Number>
COMMENT START:
<Details of comment>
COMMENT END:
SUGGESTED CHANGES START:
<Details of suggested changes>
SUGGESTED CHANGES END:

RETURNING YOUR BALLOT FORM
==========================
Your ballot must be returned to:

[email-masked]

You are requested to use (exactly!) the appropriate Subject line from
the following set when returning your ballot. Please send your ballot
with the Subject line explicitly set, rather than using the Reply
function in your mailer.
P802.1aa/D6.1 Ballot - Approve
P802.1aa/D6.1 Ballot - Comments (with approve)
P802.1aa/D6.1 Ballot - Disapprove
P802.1aa/D6.1 Ballot - Comments (with abstain)
P802.1aa/D6.1 Ballot - Abstain

Regards,
Tony Jeffree
802.1 Chair.

******************************
Ballot form follows.....
******************************
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: EMAIL ALL BALLOT RESPONSES ONLY TO: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
P802.1aa/D6.1 EMAIL BALLOT
16th June 2003
TO: Tony Jeffree
Editor, P802.1aa/D6.1
SUBJECT: P802.1aa/D6.1 - 802.1X Maintenance

_____ 802.1 Voting Member
_____ I Approve (may attach non-binding comments below)
_____ I Disapprove (must attach binding comments below)
_____ I Abstain for the following reasons (may attach non-binding
comments below):
________  Lack of Time
________  Lack of Expertise
________  Other: _______________________________________________
_____ Comment Only - Non-voter (comments attached below)

____________________________________________
(Name)
____________________________________________
(Telephone No.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
INCLUDE COMMENTS BELOW THIS POINT