Subject: [eap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 146: Multiplexing Model Requirements

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:09:28 -0700 (PDT)

The text of Issue 146 is included below. The proposed fix is as follows:

In Section 2.2, change:

"Since EAP authentication methods may wish to access the Identity, the
Identity Request and Response can be assumed to be accessible to
authentication methods (Types 4 or greater) in addition to the
Identity method. The Identity Type is discussed in Section 5.1."

to:

"Since EAP authentication methods may wish to access the Identity,
implementations SHOULD make the Identity Request and Response
accessible to authentication methods (Types 4 or greater) in
addition to the Identity method. The Identity Type is discussed
in Section 5.1."

-----------------------------------------------------------
Issue 146: Multiplexing Model Requirements
Submitter name: Henrik Levkowetz
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: June 18, 2003
Reference:
Document: EAP-04
Comment type: T
Priority: 1
Section: 2.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue:
The draft says:

   "Since EAP authentication methods may wish to access the Identity, the
   Identity Request and Response can be assumed to be accessible to
   authentication methods (Types 4 or greater) in addition to the
   Identity method.  The Identity Type is discussed in Section 5.1."

There's a requirement on an implementation here, I think.
Maybe we should say that the Identity Request and Response
SHOULD or MUST be made accessible to authentication methods?

[Jari Arkko]

Yes. ... esponse SHOULD be accessible to ....?