Subject: [eap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 147: Initial Key Activation

From: [email-masked] (Bernard Aboba)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 22:13:42 -0700 (PDT)

The text of Issue 147 is enclosed below. The proposed fix is as follows:

In Section 3.1, change:
"       In IEEE 802 media, key activation also typically occurs after
       completion of EAP authentication.  Therefore an initial EAP
       exchange typically cannot be protected by lower layer
       ciphersuite, although an EAP re-authentication or
       pre-authentication exchange can be protected."

To:
"   In IEEE 802 media, initial key activation also typically occurs
    after completion of EAP authentication.  Therefore an initial EAP
    exchange typically cannot be protected by lower layer
    ciphersuite, although an EAP re-authentication or
    pre-authentication exchange can be protected."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue 147: Initial Key Activation
Submitter name: John Vollbrecht
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: June 16, 2003
Reference:
Document: EAP-04
Comment type: T
Priority: 2
Section: 3.1 paragraph 5
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

802 key activation may be prolonged by authentication as well as
initiated.  The text here
applies to initial authentication.

Requested change: insert the word ", initial" between "media" and "key
activation"

[Jari Arkko]

I think this is right.