Subject: Re: [eap] minutes from EAP WG at IETF-57

From: John Vollbrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:55:46 -0400

Jari -- thanks a lot for doing this.  I think these are really helpful.  In 
going through this I started thinking a lot about status.  I realize this 
is  implicitly in Bernard's EAP page, but a specific task list might be 
helpful.

As a strawnan for what I am thinking in terms of status, Ipresent the 
following.  Please recognize that this is meant to be a help, and may 
include too much or too little.  My thought is that clarity with this 
complex a task could be helpful.

1) 2869bis [RADIUS/EAP] - ready to go with 24 hour turnaround but some 
discussion on list

2) 2284bis is in last call with 4 items (point to items) and discussion on 
list

3) EAP State Machine - draft available, now wg item, discussion on list

4) Keying Framework - draft available, wg item, [work items?]

5) Compound Authentication - draft available, wg item, review by ? underway

6) Method requirements - abstract from 2284bis and Keying Framework, 
required for 2284bis release?, discusssion on list

7) Method Implementation - several drafts available, not wg items yet, need 
at least one with mutual authentication for 2284bis, methods must be 
reviewed prior to advancement

8) use of tunnelled methods - out of band currently

9) interface with 802.1X - EAP/ lower layer specified in 802.1X, must match 
in EAP, expecially in State machine

again, thanks for the minutes and I am interested if the above suggestion 
helps.

John

--On Sunday, August 3, 2003 1:41 PM +0300 Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> These are the preliminary minutes, collected by Dirk, Henrik, and John
> (thanks!). If you have any comments related to the minutes, let me
> know and I'll update them before posting them officially to the
> proceedings.
>
> --Jari
>

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap