Subject: [eap] design team update

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:10:36 +0300

Two announcements regarding design teams in the EAP WG:

1. We've had the EAP State Machine Design Team running for
    some time now. Given that the documents appear relatively
    stable (modulo the discussion on how to represent AAA and
    passthrough in them) and most discussion happens
    on the main list, we are now closing down this
    team.

    We expect that there is still a fair amount of editorial
    and documentation work left, and some issues. It is
    important that we can publish the document soon as an RFC,
    so we'd like the current editors, design team members
    and everyone else to still work hard on this. The next
    steps are publishing a new revision and reviewing that,
    also ensuring issue resolutions satisfy everyone.

2. The completion of the keying framework seems essential
    for understanding EAP's security properties and ensuring
    that we fullfill the requirements laid out for them.
    In addition, some of the discussion on e.g. SA naming
    has an effect to link layers such as 802.11i and their
    protocols. For these reasons we are establishing a new
    design team to complete the keying framework.

    Some keying specialists have already been invited to the
    team. Additional volunteers are welcome -- if you are
    interested in contributing, let the chairs know. The
    team works through weekly conference calls, short
    position papers, and e-mail discussion. We intend
    to report weekly to the main list, as we did with
    the state machine team when it was in its active period.

--Jari

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap