Subject: [eap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 213: Cleanup issues

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:49:34 -0800 (PST)

The text of Issue 213: Cleanup issues is enclosed below.  The proposed fix
is as follows:

In Section 2.4 change:

"The authenticator SHOULD
interpret the receipt of a key attribute within an Accept packet
as an indication that the peer has successfully authenticated and
authorized the server."

To:

"The authenticator SHOULD
interpret the receipt of a key attribute within an Accept packet
as an indication that the peer has successfully authenticated
the server."

In Section 4.2, change:

" On the peer, once the method completes unsuccessfully (that is,
either the authenticator sends a method-specific failure
indication, or the peer decides that it does want to continue the
conversation, possibly after sending a method-specific failure
indication), the peer MUST terminate the conversation and indicate
failure to the lower layer."

To:

" On the peer, once the method completes unsuccessfully (that is,
either the authenticator sends a method-specific failure
indication, or the peer decides that it does not want to continue the
conversation, possibly after sending a method-specific failure
indication), the peer MUST terminate the conversation and indicate
failure to the lower layer."

In Section 4.2, change:

"     As described in Section 2.1, only a single EAP authentication
      method is allowed within an EAP conversation. EAP methods MAY
      implement protected result indications. "

To:

"     As described in Section 2.1, only a single EAP authentication
      method is allowed within an EAP conversation. EAP methods may
      implement method-specific result indications."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Issue 213: Cleanup issues
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 1/20/2004
Reference:
Document: RFC 2284bis-08.l
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: 3.1, 4.2, 7.2.1
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

This is a generic issue to cleanup some of the text as reflected in WG
discussions.

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap