Subject: [eap] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-bersani-eap-psk-00.txt]

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:56:14 +0200

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-bersani-eap-psk-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:49:57 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The EAP PSK Protocol
	Author(s)	: F. Bersani
	Filename	: draft-bersani-eap-psk-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2004-1-29
	
This document specifies an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) 
method for authentication and session key distribution using a pre-
shared key (PSK). The PSK is used by a unique underlying 
cryptographic primitive, a block cipher, which is instantiated with 
AES-128. 
EAP-PSK performs mutual authentication and session key derivation. It 
provides identity protection and shall provide fast reconnect in 
future versions. It provides a secure communication channel within 
EAP in case the authentication is successful. This secure channel can 
be used to allow for instance protected result indications. 
EAP-PSK is intended to be easy to deploy and well-suited for 
authentication over insecure networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bersani-eap-psk-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-bersani-eap-psk-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-bersani-eap-psk-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.