Subject: [eap] Issue 237: (Key Framework) Reference cleanup

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 16:39:45 -0800 (PST)

Issue 237: Reference cleanup
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 4/3/2004
Reference:
Document: Keying-01
Comment type: E
Priority: S
Section: 7
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

I've gone and cleaned up Section 7 (References).

Change Section 7 to:

"7.  References

7.1.  Normative References

[RFC1661] Simpson, W., "The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)", STD 51, RFC
          1661, July 1994.

[RFC2119] Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
          Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

[RFC2434] Narten, T. and H. Alvestrand, "Guidelines for Writing an IANA
          Considerations Section in RFCs", BCP 26, RFC 2434, October
          1998.

[RFC3748] Blunk, L., "Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)", RFC
          3748, April 2004.

[IEEE802] Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, "IEEE
          Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Overview
          and Architecture", ANSI/IEEE Standard 802, 1990.

7.2.  Informative References

[RFC0793] Postel, J., "Transmission Control Protocol", STD 7, RFC 793,
          September 1981.

[RFC1321] Rivest, R., "The MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm", RFC 1321,
          April 1992.

[RFC1968] Meyer, G. and K. Fox, "The PPP Encryption Control Protocol
          (ECP)", RFC 1968, June 1996.

[RFC2104] Krawczyk, H., Bellare, M. and R. Canetti, "HMAC: Keyed-Hashing
          for Message Authentication", RFC 2104, February 1997.

[RFC2230] Atkinson, R., "Key Exchange Delegation Record for the DNS",
          RFC 2230, November 1997.

[RFC2246] Dierks, T., Allen, C., Treese, W., Karlton, P., Freier, A.
          and P. Kocher, "The TLS Protocol Version 1.0", RFC 2246,
          January 1999.

[RFC2401] Kent, S. and R. Atkinson, "Security Architecture for the
          Internet Protocol", RFC 2401, November 1998.

[RFC2402] Kent, S. and R. Atkinson, "IP Authentication Header", RFC
          2402, November 1998.

[RFC2406] Kent, S. and R. Atkinson, "IP Encapsulating Security Payload
          (ESP)", RFC 2406, November 1998.

[RFC2409] Harkins, D. and D. Carrel, "The Internet Key Exchange (IKE)",
          RFC 2409, November 1998.

[RFC2419] Sklower, K. and G. Meyer, "The PPP DES Encryption Protocol,
          Version 2 (DESE-bis)", RFC 2419, September 1998.

[RFC2420] Kummert, H., "The PPP Triple-DES Encryption Protocol (3DESE)",
          RFC 2420, September 1998.

[RFC2516] Mamakos, L., Lidl, K., Evarts, J., Carrel, D., Simone, D.  and
          R. Wheeler, "A Method for Transmitting PPP Over Ethernet
          (PPPoE)", RFC 2516, February 1999.

[RFC2548] Zorn, G., "Microsoft Vendor-specific RADIUS Attributes", RFC
          2548, March 1999.

[RFC2607] Aboba, B. and J. Vollbrecht, "Proxy Chaining and Policy
          Implementation in Roaming", RFC 2607, June 1999.

[RFC2716] Aboba, B. and D. Simon, "PPP EAP TLS Authentication Protocol",
          RFC 2716, October 1999.

[RFC2782] Gulbrandsen, A., Vixie, P. and L. Esibov, "A DNS RR for
          specifying the location of services (DNS SRV)", RFC 2782,
          February 2000.

[RFC2865] Rigney, C., Willens, S., Rubens, A. and W. Simpson, "Remote
          Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS)", RFC 2865, June
          2000.

[RFC3078] Pall, G. and G. Zorn, "Microsoft Point-To-Point Encryption
          (MPPE) Protocol", RFC 3078, March 2001.

[RFC3079] Zorn, G., "Deriving Keys for use with Microsoft Point-to-Point
          Encryption (MPPE)", RFC 3079, March 2001.

[RFC3394] Schaad, J. and R. Housley, "Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
          Key Wrap Algorithm", RFC 3394, September 2002.

[RFC3579] Aboba, B. and P. Calhoun, "RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial
          In User Service) Support For Extensible Authentication
          Protocol (EAP)", RFC 3579, September 2003.

[RFC3580] Congdon, P., Aboba, B., Smith, A., Zorn, G. and J. Roese,
          "IEEE 802.1X Remote Authentication Dial In User Service
          (RADIUS) Usage Guidelines", RFC 3580, September 2003.

[RFC3588] Calhoun, P., Loughney, J., Guttman, E., Zorn, G. and J.
          Arkko, "Diameter Base Protocol", RFC 3588, September 2003.

[FIPSDES] National Institute of Standards and Technology, "Data
          Encryption Standard", FIPS PUB 46, January 1977.

[DESMODES]
          National Institute of Standards and Technology, "DES Modes of
          Operation", FIPS PUB 81, December 1980, <http://
          www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/fip81.htm>.

[FIPS197] National Institute of Standards and Technology, "Advanced
          Encryption Standard (AES)", FIPS PUB 197, November 2001.

[FIPS.180-1.1995]
          National Institute of Standards and Technology, "Secure Hash
          Standard", FIPS PUB 180-1, April 1995, <http://
          www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/fip180-1.htm>.

[IEEE80211]
          Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers,
          "Information technology - Telecommunications and information
          exchange between systems - Local and metropolitan area
          networks - Specific Requirements Part 11:  Wireless LAN Medium
          Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications",
          IEEE IEEE Standard 802.11-1999, 1999.

[IEEE8021X]
          Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, "Local and
          Metropolitan Area Networks: Port-Based Network Access
          Control", IEEE Standard 802.1X-2004, September 2004.

[IEEE8021Q]
          Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, "IEEE
          Standards for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks: Draft
          Standard for Virtual Bridged Local Area Networks", IEEE
          Standard 802.1Q/D8, January 1998.

[IEEE80211F]
          Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers,
          "Recommended Practice for Multi-Vendor Access Point
          Interoperability via an Inter-Access Point Protocol Across
          Distribution Systems Supporting IEEE 802.11 Operation", IEEE
          802.11F, July 2003.

[IEEE80211i]
          Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, "Draft
          Supplement to STANDARD FOR Telecommunications and Information
          Exchange between Systems - LAN/MAN Specific Requirements -
          Part 11: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and physical
          layer (PHY) specifications: Specification for Enhanced
          Security", IEEE Draft 802.11I/ D8, February 2004.

[IEEE-02-758]
          Mishra, A., Shin, M., Arbaugh, W., Lee, I. and K. Jang,
          "Proactive Caching Strategies for IAPP Latency Improvement
          during 802.11 Handoff", IEEE 802.11 Working Group,
          IEEE-02-758r1-F Draft 802.11I/D5.0, November 2002.

[IEEE-03-084]
          Mishra, A., Shin, M., Arbaugh, W., Lee, I. and K. Jang,
          "Proactive Key Distribution to support fast and secure
          roaming", IEEE 802.11 Working Group, IEEE-03-084r1-I,
          http://www.ieee802.org/11/Documents/DocumentHolder/ 3-084.zip,
          January 2003.

[IEEE-03-155]
          Aboba, B., "Fast Handoff Issues", IEEE 802.11 Working Group,
          IEEE-03-155r0-I,  http://www.ieee802.org/11/
          Documents/DocumentHolder/3-155.zip, March 2003.

[EAPAPI]  Microsoft Developer Network, "Windows 2000 EAP API",
          http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/
          library/en-us/eap/eapport_0fj9.asp, August 2000.

[I-D.ietf-roamops-cert]
          Aboba, B., "Certificate-Based Roaming", draft-ietf-roamops-
          cert-02 (work in progress), April 1999.

[I-D.ietf-aaa-eap]
          Eronen, P., Hiller, T. and G. Zorn, "Diameter Extensible
          Authentication Protocol (EAP) Application", draft-ietf-aaa-
          eap-03 (work in progress), October 2003.

[I-D.irtf-aaaarch-handoff]
          Arbaugh, W. and B. Aboba, "Handoff Extension to RADIUS",
          draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-04 (work in progress), October
          2003.

[I-D.orman-public-key-lengths]
          Orman, H. and P. Hoffman, "Determining Strengths For Public
          Keys Used For Exchanging Symmetric  Keys", draft-orman-public-
          key-lengths-05 (work in progress), January 2002.

[I-D.puthenkulam-eap-binding]
          Puthenkulam, J., "The Compound Authentication Binding
          Problem", draft-puthenkulam-eap-binding-04 (work in progress),
          October 2003.

[I-D.aboba-802-context]
          Aboba, B. and T. Moore, "A Model for Context Transfer in IEEE
          802", draft-aboba-802-context-03 (work in progress), October
          2003.

[I-D.arkko-pppext-eap-aka]
          Arkko, J. and H. Haverinen, "EAP AKA Authentication", draft-
          arkko-pppext-eap-aka-11 (work in progress), October 2003.

[IKEv2]   Kaufman, C., "Internet Key Exchange (IKEv2) Protocol", draft-
          ietf-ipsec-ikev2-12 (work in progress), March 2004.

[8021XHandoff]
          Pack, S. and Y. Choi, "Pre-Authenticated Fast Handoff in a
          Public Wireless LAN Based on IEEE 802.1X Model", School of
          Computer Science and Engineering, Seoul National University,
          Seoul, Korea, 2002.

[MD5Attack]
          Dobbertin, H., "The Status of MD5 After a Recent Attack",
          CryptoBytes, Vol.2 No.2, 1996.

[WLANREQ] Stanley, D., Walker, J. and B. Aboba, "EAP Method Requirements
          for Wireless LANs", draft-walker-ieee802-req-00.txt (work in
          progress), February 2004.

[Housley56]
          Housley, R., "Key Management in AAA", Presentation to the AAA
          WG at IETF 56,
          http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/03mar/slides/aaa-5/index.html,
          March 2003.
"

_______________________________________________
eap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/eap