Subject: ECM last call for draft-balakrishnan-cm-02.txt to Proposed Standard

From: Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:45:33 PDT

ECM has been idle for a long time and I'd like to try to push things
forward.  Here's my plan (which I've discussed with the ADs):

        - Today starts a 3-week last call, expiring July 7th, for
	  publishing draft-balakrishnan-cm-02.txt as Proposed.

        - In the next message I'm sending a number of comments on the
	  document.  I'd like to begin discussing these immediately, as
	  I'm away (offline) on vacation June 20 - July 1, but of course
	  they can also be discussed while I'm away, too.

	- After the last call closes, the authors will have 7 days to rev
	  the document to make the Pittsburgh I-D cutoff.  That version
	  should be issued as draft-ietf-ecm-XXX-00.txt (maybe "XXX" should
	  simply be "cm").  If they won't have cycles then, then someone
	  else can take a hand at editing it.

	- At Pittsburgh, we hammer out any final issues with the
	  document, and formulate a schedule (with some micro-deadlines)
	  for completing the WG work.

See you in Pittsburgh,

		Vern