Subject: plan for Pittsburgh meeting

From: Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:55:41 PDT

draft-ietf-ecm-cm-00.txt has completed last call (with comments from Joe
Touch, to be addressed in -01).  However, it's not clear to me that there's
WG rough consensus for the document.  When issuing the last call, I requested:

> If you've already reviewed it and are satisfied with it, please send me a
> note to that effect (or post to the list), so I can gauge the degree of
> support for the document.

and I received only one note.  After asking around, it appears that there
are a number of people who approve of the general notion, but haven't reviewed
the document.  Therefore, and in consultation with the ADs, I've asked Hari
to give an extended overview of the document at the Pittsburgh meeting,
part tutorial and part open issues.  We'll then use the meeting to judge WG
consensus as well as additional work that's needed, if any.  If there's
remaining time, I'll lead a brief discussion of the "ECM Scheduler" document
that's also one of our deliverables.

The meeting is currently scheduled for Monday afternoon, 1PM-3PM.
Please take a bit of time between now and the meeting to review
the document.

Also, if you have other agenda items, or comments on the above, please
let me know.

	Thanks,

		Vern