Subject: [Ecrit] RFC 6197 on Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Service List Boundary Extension

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:14:49 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6197

        Title:      Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) Service List 
                    Boundary Extension 
        Author:     K. Wolf
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 27562
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-lost-servicelistboundary-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6197.txt

Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) maps service identifiers and
location information to service contact URIs.  If a LoST client wants
to discover available services for a particular location, it will
perform a <listServicesByLocation> query to the LoST server.
However, the LoST server, in its response, does not provide context
information; that is, it does not provide any additional information
about the geographical region within which the returned list of
services is considered valid.  Therefore, this document defines a
Service List Boundary that returns a local context along with the
list of services returned, in order to assist the client in not
missing a change in available services when moving.  This document 
defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC