Subject: [Ecrit] Should I move text about VPNs

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:48:03 -0400

Pete Resnick points out that some text in section 6.6 When location should be considered, is misplaced.  The VPN discussion is not about when, but about mechanism.

If I move it (I'd move it up to 6.5), I have to move the corresponding requirements in -phonebcp (the sections align), and thus renumber them, and the requirements between the old and new positions.  I'll do it if the group thinks it's worth it, but at the moment, I'd prefer to wimp out and not.

Brian

---

From: "James M. Polk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 17:02:00 -0500

At 03:48 PM 6/21/2011, Rosen, Brian wrote:
>Pete Resnick points out that some text in section 6.6 When location 
>should be considered, is misplaced.  The VPN discussion is not about 
>when, but about mechanism.
>
>If I move it (I'd move it up to 6.5), I have to move the 
>corresponding requirements in -phonebcp (the sections align), and 
>thus renumber them, and the requirements between the old and new 
>positions.  I'll do it if the group thinks it's worth it, but at the 
>moment, I'd prefer to wimp out and not.

Whatever you do, this concept (I'd say 'text' but it might change) 
needs to remain in both docs.

James

>Brian
>_______________________________________________
>Ecrit mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ecrit