Subject: [Ecrit] RFC 6444 on Location Hiding: Problem Statement and Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:54:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6444

        Title:      Location Hiding: Problem Statement and 
                    Requirements 
        Author:     H. Schulzrinne, L. Liess,
                    H. Tschofenig, B. Stark,
                    A. Kuett
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18495
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ecrit-location-hiding-req-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6444.txt

The emergency services architecture developed in the IETF Emergency
Context Resolution with Internet Technology (ECRIT) working group
describes an architecture where location information is provided by
access networks to endpoints or Voice over IP (VoIP) service
providers in order to determine the correct dial string and
information to route the call to a Public Safety Answering Point
(PSAP).  To determine the PSAP Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), the
usage of the Location-to-Service Translation (LoST) protocol is
envisioned.

This document provides a problem statement and lists requirements for
situations where the Internet Access Provider (IAP) and/or the
Internet Service Provider (ISP) are only willing to disclose limited
or no location information.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC