Subject: [Ecrit] PSAP Callback: New SIP Priority header field 'psap-callback' value

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:57:34 +0000

Hi,

I drafted some initial text regarding the new SIP Priority header field 'psap-callback' value.

Feel free to comment :)

-----------------------

X.            PSAP Callback Indicator.

X.1          General

This section defines a new header field value, "psap-callback", for the SIP Priority header field [RFC3261].
The value is used by a SIP entity to inform downstream entities that the request is associated with a PSAP callback
SIP session.

x.2          Usage

SIP entities that receive the header field value within an initial request for a SIP session, or within a standalone
SIP request, can, depending on local policies, apply PSAP callback specific procedures for the session or request.

PSAP callback specific procedures might be applied both by network entities and by the callee. The specific procedures
are outside the scope of this document, but typically include bypassing services and barring procedures.

x.3          Syntax

x.3.1      General

   This Section defines the ABNF for the new SIP Priority header field value, "psap-callback".

x.3.2      ABNF

priority-value  /=  "psap-callback"

-----------------------

Regards,

Christer