Subject: Re: [Ecrit] [ecrit] #9: Definition of Trustworthy

From: "ecrit issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 13:40:39 -0000

#9: Definition of Trustworthy

Comment (by bernard_aboba@…):

 In -04, there is modified text relating to the importance of audit:

 In Section 1:

    It should be kept in mind that issues of location trust and
    attribution are closely linked.  In situations where tracing of an
    emergency call back to the originator is more difficult, experience
    has shown that the frequency of nuisance calls can rise dramatically.
    For example, where emergency calls have been allowed from handsets
    lacking a SIM card, or where ownership of the SIM card cannot be
    determined, the frequency of nuisance calls has often been
    unacceptably high [TASMANIA][UK][SA].

    Conversely, where the ability exists enable an investigator to
    determine the originator of a prank emergency call after the fact,
    the trustworthiness of location is likely to improve, even without
    the introduction of measures to limit location spoofing.  Under a
    court order, an investigator can have access to additional
    information beyond the messages conveyed in the emergency call.  For
    example, in such a situation, audit logs will often be made available
    and in addition, information relating to the owner of an unlinked
    pseudonym could be provided to investigators, enabling them to
    unravel the chain of events that lead to the attack.

-- 
----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…       |       Owner:  bernard_aboba@…
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker               |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  trustworthy-location  |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/trac/ticket/9#comment:1>
ecrit <http://tools.ietf.org/ecrit/>