Subject: [Ecrit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:57:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Emergency Context Resolution with Internet Technologies Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Data-Only Emergency Calls
	Author(s)       : Brian Rosen
                          Henning Schulzrinne
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-11-09

Abstract:
   RFC 6443 'Framework for Emergency Calling Using Internet Multimedia'
   describes how devices use the Internet to place emergency calls and
   how Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) can handle Internet
   multimedia emergency calls natively.  The exchange of multimedia
   traffic typically involves a SIP session establishment starting with
   a SIP INVITE that negotiates various parameters for that session.

   In some cases, however, the transmission of application data is
   everything that is needed.  Examples of such environments include a
   temperature sensors issuing alerts, or vehicles sending crash data.
   Often these alerts are conveyed as one-shot data transmissions and in
   some rare cases they may require a session to be established.  These
   type of interactions are called 'data-only emergency calls'.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ecrit-data-only-ea-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/