Subject: Re: [Ecrit] [ecrit] #4: Untrusted location and provider intent

From: "ecrit issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:30:37 -0000

#4: Untrusted location and provider intent

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 In Section 3.4 we have now included two paragraphs relating to the source
 of the location information:

    In practice, the source of the location data is important for
    location trust assessment.  For example, location provided by a
    Location Information Server (LIS) whose administrator has an
    established history of meeting emergency location accuracy
    requirements (e.g. Phase II) may be considered more reliable than
    location information provided by a third party Location Service
    Provider (LSP) that disclaims use of location information for
    emergency purposes.

    However, even where an LSP does not attempt to meet the accuracy
    requirements for emergency location, it still may be able to provide
    information useful in assessing about how reliable location
    information is likely to be.  For example,  was location determined
    based on the nearest cell tower or 802.11 Access Point (AP), or was a
    triangulation method used?  If based on cell tower or AP location
    data, was the information obtained from an authoritative source (e.g.
    the tower or AP owner) and when was the last time that the location
    of the tower or access point was verified?

-- 
---------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  trustworthy-location       |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/trac/ticket/4#comment:1>
ecrit <http://tools.ietf.org/ecrit/>

---

From: "ecrit issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:30:42 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
---------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  blocker                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  trustworthy-location       |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/trac/ticket/4#comment:2>
ecrit <http://tools.ietf.org/ecrit/>