Subject: [Ecrit] [ecrit] #15: Definitions of Place Shifting, Time Shifting, Location Theft and Location swapping

From: "ecrit issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:33:26 -0000

#15: Definitions of Place Shifting, Time Shifting, Location Theft and Location
swapping

 Currently there are no definitions of the terms "Place Shifting", "Time
 Shifting", "Location Theft" and "Location Swapping".  The proposal is to
 add the following text to Section 1.1:

   The following additional terms apply to location spoofing:

    "Place Shifting" is where the attacker constructs a PIDF-LO for a

    location other than where they are currently located.  In some cases,
    place shifting can be limited in range (e.g., within the coverage
    area of a particular cell tower).

    "Time Shifting" is where the attacker uses or re-uses location
    information that was valid in the past, but is no longer valid
    because the attacker has moved.

    "Location Theft" is where the attacker captures a Target's location
    information and presents it as their own.  Location theft can occur
    on a one-off basis, or may be continuous (e.g., where the attacker
    has gained control over the victim's device).  Location theft may
    also be combined with time shifting to present someone else's
    location information after the original Target has moved.  Where the
    Target and attacker collude, the term "location swapping" is used.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-ecrit-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  trustworthy-location     |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/trac/ticket/15>
ecrit <http://tools.ietf.org/ecrit/>

---

From: "ecrit issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 12:15:32 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-ecrit-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  trustworthy-location     |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/trac/ticket/15#comment:1>
ecrit <http://tools.ietf.org/ecrit/>