Subject: [Ecrit] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-23: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 05:05:10 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-23: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Minor comments:
- sec 9.1.1.1: Is there a case where 'received' could be not 'true'. I
mean how can you acknowledge something that you didn't receive?
- I find the wording used saying "This document registers .." (in the
whole document) not fully approrpiate because the main purpose of this
doc is the spcification of the usage of these registrations. I would
propose the following, e.g.
OLD
"This document registers "urn:service:test.sos.ecall" for eCall test
calls."
NEW
"This document specifies "urn:service:test.sos.ecall" for eCall test
calls and registers it in section X."

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 06:20:42 -0800

Hi Mirja,

Thanks for your review.  Please see inline.

>  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall/

That section says "this <ack> element indicates 
if the PSAP considers the MSD successfully 
received or not."  Unlike legacy (CS) eCall, the 
MSD can't get corrupted during transit, but it's 
possible that there is a bug in either the IVS's 
creation of the MSD or the PSAP's interpretation 
of it.

>  calls and registers it in section X."

I reviewed each use of "registers" in the 
document; to me, the uses are appropriate and 
except for the service URNs that you mention, 
alternative wording would be awkward.  I did make 
the changes you suggest for the service URNs 
(both "SOS" and "test").

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Did you know that clones never use mirrors?