Subject: [Ecrit] Alexey Melnikov's Discuss on draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-22: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 03:18:22 -0800

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall-22: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a well written document. I have only a couple of minor issues I
would like to discuss before recommending approval:

1) +per media type suffix needs to be registered in
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-type-structured-suffix/media-type-structured-suffix.xhtml#structured-syntax-suffix>

2) In 9.1.1.2: should "details" element allow for language tag XML
attribute? Should this element be allowed to appear multiple times with
different language tags in order to allow for multiple human readable
reasons (in different languages)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

On page 23, in the example: typo Content-Dispositio

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 21:52:37 -0800

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your review and comments.  Please see inline.

>  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ecrit-ecall/

I added this to the draft.

>  reasons (in different languages)?

"Details" is a parameter, not an element, and hence cannot appear 
multiple times.  The intent is for internal use and troubleshooting, 
not for display to users.  I'm not sure there would be enough benefit 
to change it to an element to permit multiple occurrences and to have 
a language tag.

Fixed, thanks.

-- 
Randall Gellens
Opinions are personal;    facts are suspect;    I speak for myself only
-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
Paranoids are the only ones who notice things anymore.
                                     --Anatole Broyard

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 10:21:31 +0000

Hi Randy,

On 16 Jan 2017, at 05:52, Randall Gellens <[email-masked]> wrote:

> "Details" is a parameter, not an element, and hence cannot appear multiple times.  The intent is for internal use and troubleshooting, not for display to users.  I'm not sure there would be enough benefit to change it to an element to permit multiple occurrences and to have a language tag.

This is good enough for me. You might want to say something like this in the draft.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 05:02:42 -0800

At 10:21 AM +0000 1/16/17, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

>   > "Details" is a parameter, not an element, and hence cannot 
> appear multiple times.  The intent is for internal use and 
> troubleshooting, not for display to users.  I'm not sure there 
> would be enough benefit to change it to an element to permit 
> multiple occurrences and to have a language tag.
>

Good idea.  I added:

          This is intended for internal use and
          troubleshooting, not for display to vehicle occupants.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
The last good thing written in C was Franz Schubert's Ninth Symphony.

---

From: Randall Gellens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 05:24:18 -0800

I uploaded revision -23 which has these changes.  Thanks again.

-------------- Randomly selected tag: ---------------
This is a nasty, rotten business.
    --Robert L. Crandall, CEO & President of American Airlines