Subject: [eman] New draft posted: draft-parello-eman-energy-aware-mib-00

From: john parello <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:53:28 -0700

Hi,

We have posted a new mib draft-parello-eman-energy-aware-mib-00

This mib represents a refactoring of draft-claise-energy-monitoring-mib. 
Items pertaining to making a device energy aware and providing context 
for the device are applied now in draft-parello-eman-energy-aware-mib-00.

In contrast draft-claise-energy-monitoring-mib now contains objects 
pertaining to usage values.

Both reference and/or fulfill the architect and requirements drafts:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-claise-power-management-arch-02.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-quittek-power-monitoring-requirements-01.txt

You're feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated

Thanks you
John

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 08:13:22 +0200

Dear all,

So draft-claise-energy-monitoring-mib has been split into two drafts, in 
order to match the charter items.

_draft-parello-eman-energy-aware-mib-00 _

    3. Energy-aware Networks and Devices MIB document The EMAN WG will
    develop a MIB module for monitoring energy-aware networks and devices.
    The module will address devices identification, context information, and
    potential relationship between reporting devices, remote devices, and
    monitoring probes.

_draft-claise-energy-monitoring-mib_

    4. Power and Energy Monitoring MIB document The EMAN WG will develop a
    document defining managed objects for monitoring of power states and
    energy consumption/production. The monitoring of power states includes:
    retrieving power states, properties of power states, current power
    state, power state transitions, and power state statistics.
    The managed objects will provide means for reporting detailed properties
    of the actual energy rate (power) and of accumulated energy. Further, it
    will provide information on electrical power quality.

Regards, Benoit. (as a contributor)
> This mib represents a refactoring of 
> draft-claise-energy-monitoring-mib. Items pertaining to making a 
> device energy aware and providing context for the device are applied 
> now in draft-parello-eman-energy-aware-mib-00.
>
> _______________________________________________
> eman mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eman