Subject: [Enum] ENUM Requirements

From: "Anne Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:55:33 -0600

The first draft of ENUM Requirements is now available on the ENUM charter
page.

Regards,
Anne

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:05:30 -0600

>The first draft of ENUM Requirements is now available on the ENUM charter 

Some small questions or clarifications..

3.2 Capabilities Retrieval..

I thought it was clear at the meeting that Capabilities retrieval WAS 
within scope either as adding information directly into a DNS response or a 
URL pointer to whatever RESCAP eventually comes up with. I still believe a 
Capabilities response will ultimately be essential here.

Negotiation would clearly be out of scope.

3.17 Numbers

Are 1 800 numbers or the UK version of toll free legitimate e164 numbers or 
is this national numbering plan specific. I agree these numbers are 
essential to resolve but what other classes of numbers must resolve as 
well... 900 ?

Is it appropriate at this time to formally Require ENUM to coordinate 
efforts with ITU SG2 etc? I know they have not currently developed a formal 
Question on this matter ..but I suspect they will.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

_______________________________________________
enum mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/enum