Subject: Re: [Enum] Revision of draft-ietf-enum-iax

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 18:52:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi Ed

Thanks for the updated version of draft-ietf-enum-iax.

Here my feedback after reading the document:

1) This document registers the IAX Enumservice according to the
    guidelines given in RFC3761 [RFC3761].

   --> Wrong reference. Should reference draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide

1a) Same in Abstract "...as per the IANA registration process defined in
     the ENUM specification RFC3761."

2) < http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/prov/iax" />

    --> use <xref> syntax

3) rfcTHIS

   --> RFC-Editor note explaining "rfcTHIS" is missing

4) Have you checked, whether your examples do not use real E.164 number
    (i.e. drama numbers)?

5) This document requests registration of the "iax" Enumservice with the
    'iax' sub-type according to the guidelines and specifications in RFC
    3761bis [I-D.ietf-enum-enumservices-guide] and the definitions in
    Section 2 in this document.

    --> s/3761bis/draft-ietf-enum-enumservices-guide/

6) Section 7:
    You might want to add there some more folks who provided you with
    feedback

7) s/Note to Editor:/Note to RFC-Editor:/

8) Any remaining instances of references to RFC 3761 should refer to
    draft-ietf-enum3761bis (as RFC 3761 will be obsoleted shortly)

Note: The above feedback is not part of any official (Expert-)Review.

The next steps with this document will be:
- New revision addressing this feedback (authors)
- ENUM WG Last Call (chairs)
- Request Expert Review at IANA (authors / chairs)
- (Re-)Request for Publication (chairs)
- Publication process as informational (ADs / chairs)

Should there be any open question, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

cheers,
  Bernie

--

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Standardization