Subject: [eppext] time to get started

From: James Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:56:27 -0500

Your quiet chairs starting off the new year by finally speaking up.

Our charter was approved last year.  It might seem so long ago but it was
just a month ago.

We have two administrative actions to get past and then we should begin our
review process.

The first thing is we do have to formally accept what documents we want to
be working group documents.  Scott Hollenbeck posted the list from the
charter before the end of the year holidays, which we'll repeat here.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hollenbeck-epp-ext-reg/

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gieben-epp-keyrelay/

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-obispo-epp-idn/

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tan-epp-launchphase/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lozano-tmch-smd/

Since they were listed in our charter which we have all reviewed we don't
imagine there will be any objection but for completeness we'll follow this
message with a separate message asking for objections.

In addition, we do need to decide if we want to have a working group
meeting in London.  The request has to be put in by this Friday so time is
short.

We're inclined to ask for meeting slot.  We are just getting started and it
is unlikely we will be done by March so the opportunity to review or close
on outstanding actions in a face to face environment should be helpful.
We'll follow this message with a separate message asking about the meeting
situation.

Finally, one person has already promised to give review comments for one of
the documents above:  Linlin for draft-obispo-epp-idn.  We are going to
have to take note of how many people have reviewed a document in order to
move it forward so it would be helpful if folks would indicate if they plan
to review a document in detail.  Even better would be to send a note saying
you have read it with your comments or saying it's good to go if that's the
case.

Thanks to everyone for your patience thus far.  Watch for the follow up
messages coming next.

Jim and Antoin