Subject: [eppext] Request for EPPEXT Meeting at IETF 91

From: "Gould, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 12:57:01 +0000

All,

We did not have an opportunity to meet at IETF 90.  With draft-ietf-eppext-reg progressing, there is additional business that needs to be discussed.  I request that we schedule a meeting at IETF 91 to move the other items forward, that include:

  1.  Progress draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase - Gavin, Wil, and I are in agreement that the draft is stable, has multiple independent implementations, and is ready to move forward.
  2.  Progress draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd – There is a dependency from draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase to draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd, and both are stable and have multiple independent implementations.  Gustavo can comment on whether he knows of any open items remaining with draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd to address prior to moving it forward.
  3.  Discuss draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay open items discussed on the list to progress a new version of the draft.  Based on the latest posts on the list, the agreement was to register it "as is” and to progress a new version of the draft.
  4.  Discuss draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap open items discussed on the list.  In review, Francisco and I have discussed handling of the existing table model and a proposal that I had for a language model.

Is there other business that could be handled with an EPPEXT meeting at IETF 91?

Thanks,

--

JG

James Gould
Principal Software Engineer
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

703-948-3271 (Office)
12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190
VerisignInc.com
“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message immediately.”

---

From: Michael Holloway <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 10:30:37 +0200

Hi James, All

Just a comment on draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase / 
draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd. The specification for encodedSignedMark 
doesn't seem to specify any maximum data length, but a number of [server 
side] implementations seem to be implementing a maximum data length of 
65536 for an EPP frame. This is incorrect as SMD files can be larger 
than this. It might be worth specifying in the draft that a server 
*must* support larger frames in order to implement the extensions.

Other than that I agree that both drafts stable.

Cheers,
Michael

*Michael Holloway
Senior Systems Administrator**| Com Laude*
2^nd Floor, 28-30 Little Russell Street
London, WC1A 2HN, United Kingdom

E: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

www.comlaude.com <http://www.comlaude.com>

CONFIRMATION OF ORDERS: Please note that we always confirm receipt of 
orders. To assist us in identifying orders, please use the word ORDER in 
the subject line of your email. If you have sent us an order and have 
not received confirmation on the same working day (UK time) it is 
possible that your order has not been received or has been trapped by 
our spam filter. In this case, please contact your client manager or 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> for confirmation that the 
order has been received and is being processed. Thank you.

Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are clearly the 
sender’s own and not made on behalf of Com Laude.
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain 
confidential information. If you have received this message in error, 
please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do 
not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or 
in any attachment.
Com Laude is a trading name of Nom-IQ Limited registered in England and 
Wales with company number 5047655 and VAT number GB 854 1718 19. Our 
registered office is at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN.

On 08/06/2014 02:57 PM, Gould, James wrote:
> All,
>
> We did not have an opportunity to meet at IETF 90. 
>  With draft-ietf-eppext-reg progressing, there is additional business 
> that needs to be discussed.  I request that we schedule a meeting at 
> IETF 91 to move the other items forward, that include:
>
>  1. Progress draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase - Gavin, Wil, and I are in
>     agreement that the draft is stable, has multiple independent
>     implementations, and is ready to move forward.
>  2. Progress draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd – There is a dependency
>     from draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase to draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd,
>     and both are stable and have multiple independent implementations.
>      Gustavo can comment on whether he knows of any open items
>     remaining with draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd to address prior to
>     moving it forward.
>  3. Discuss draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay open items discussed on the
>     list to progress a new version of the draft.  Based on the latest
>     posts on the list, the agreement was to register it "as is” and to
>     progress a new version of the draft.
>  4. Discuss draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap open items discussed on the list.
>      In review, Francisco and I have discussed handling of the
>     existing table model and a proposal that I had for a language model.
>
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>
> 703-948-3271 (Office)
>
> 12061 Bluemont Way
>
> Reston, VA 20190
>
> VerisignInc.com
>
>
>           “This message (including any attachments) is intended only
>           for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
>           addressed, and may contain information that is non-public,
>           proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from
>           disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as
>           attorney work product. If you are not the intended
>           recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
>           dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
>           communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
>           this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete
>           this message immediately.”
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> EppExt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eppext