Subject: [eppext] New Version Notification - draft-ietf-eppext-reg-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 05:18:56 -0700

A new version (-09) has been submitted for draft-ietf-eppext-reg:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eppext-reg-09.txt

Sub state has been changed to AD Followup from Revised ID Needed

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eppext-reg/

Diff from previous version:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-eppext-reg-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 19:33:12 -0500

I finally got a chance to read through the changes in -09. Two things 
that I think still need fixing:

3. IANA Considerations:

I see what the addition you made was trying to do, as it was taken 
directly from IANA's note, but I don't think it's terribly clear and 
contains some redundant information. I suggest simply adding the 
appropriate info to the first paragraph:

OLD
    IANA is requested to create a new protocol registry to manage EPP
    extensions.
NEW
    IANA is requested to create a new protocol registry to manage EPP
    extensions. This registry should appear under its own heading on
    IANA's protocol listings, using the same title as the name of the
    registry.
END

and then delete the new stuff that you copied from the IANA note. The 
other stuff that IANA required is already stated in the entry.

4. Security Considerations:

The paragraph you put in was meant to *replace* what's currently in 
Security Considerations, not add to it. The IESG felt that the business 
about email didn't need to be said.

Everything else looks fine.

Jim (as shepherd): Please review the rest of the comments at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eppext-reg/ballot/ to double 
check that we didn't miss anything. (Scott, wait for Jim to do that 
check and give his OK before publishing a -10 with the above.) Once Jim 
does the second-set-of-eyes check, I'll push the Approve button.

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:22:43 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: EppExt [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Pete Resnick
> Sent: Monday, October 13, 2014 8:33 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [eppext] New Version Notification - draft-ietf-eppext-reg-
> 09.txt
> 

In the interest of making sure I get this right the second time, are you saying that you want to change this:

OLD
   IANA is requested to create a new protocol registry to manage EPP
   extensions.  The information to be registered and the procedures to
   be followed in populating the registry are described in Section 2.

   Name of registry: Extensions for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol

   Section at http://www.iana.org/protocols:
     Registry Title: Extensions for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol
     Registry Name: Extensions for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol
     Registration Procedure: Specification Required
     Reference: this draft

to this (removing the new text provided by IANA)?

NEW
   IANA is requested to create a new protocol registry to manage EPP
   extensions. This registry should appear under its own heading on
   IANA's protocol listings, using the same title as the name of the
   registry. The information to be registered and the procedures to
   be followed in populating the registry are described in Section 2.

   Name of registry: Extensions for the Extensible Provisioning Protocol

> Everything else looks fine.

OK, got this.

> does the second-set-of-eyes check, I'll push the Approve button.

I'll publish -10 with the changes described above when I get the OK from Jim.

Scott

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 17:23:03 -0500

On 10/14/14 7:22 AM, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
>     Section athttp://www.iana.org/protocols:

Correct. Everything that IANA needed is now in that text.

> I'll publish -10 with the changes described above when I get the OK from Jim.

Excellent. Just chatted with Jim (who is at the ICANN meeting) and he 
said he'll try to carve out a bit of time this week to take a look. My 
finger is on the Approve trigger waiting for the go-ahead. ;-)

pr

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:57:26 +0000

> From: Pete Resnick [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:23 PM
> To: Hollenbeck, Scott
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]

[snip]

> finger is on the Approve trigger waiting for the go-ahead. ;-)

How's that review coming along, Jim?

Scott