Subject: [eppext] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-eppext-reg-08: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 07:41:58 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-eppext-reg-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-eppext-reg/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a comment as I don't have any issues with the security
considerations, just a question.  Aren't the security considerations
addressed by the expert review required?  The registry won't just get
amended as a result of an email request.  The rest of the process should
help.

Please respond to the SecDir review and suggestions as well, thanks:
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/secdir/current/msg05091.html

Yoav had a similar comment, so how about the following text for the
Security Considerations section:

"Security Considerations

This document introduces no new security considerations to EPP. However,
extensions should be evaluated according to the Security Considerations
of RFC 3735."

Thanks.