Subject: [eppext] correction to draft-brown-epp-fees

From: James Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:18:37 -0500

Gavin,

Our team found what I believe is just an oversight in V3 of the draft. 
It seems pretty clear throughout the text that the intent is for the 
"currency" element to be optional on commands but mandatory in the 
result.  However, the XSD in Section 4.3 does not agree.

Excerpt:

      <!--
        general transform (create, renew, update, transfer) command
      -->
      <complexType name="transformCommandType">
        <sequence>
          <element name="currency" type="fee:currencyType" />
          <element name="fee" type="fee:feeType"
            maxOccurs="unbounded" />
        </sequence>
      </complexType>

      <!--
        general transform (create, renew, update) result
      -->
      <complexType name="transformResultType">
        <sequence>
          <element name="currency" type="fee:currencyType" />
          <element name="fee" type="fee:feeType"
            maxOccurs="unbounded" />
          <element name="balance" type="fee:balanceType"
            minOccurs="0" />
          <element name="creditLimit" type="fee:creditLimitType"
            minOccurs="0" />
        </sequence>
      </complexType>

I'm pretty sure you want a "minOccurs=0" included on the currency 
element for the command.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Jim

---

From: Roger D Carney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 20:00:18 +0000

Agreed, that is how we expect it to work as well: optional on commands and mandatory on results, thanks for catching Jim!

-----Original Message-----
From: EppExt [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of James Galvin
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2015 1:19 PM
To: eppext; [email-masked]
Subject: [eppext] correction to draft-brown-epp-fees

Gavin,

Our team found what I believe is just an oversight in V3 of the draft. 
It seems pretty clear throughout the text that the intent is for the "currency" element to be optional on commands but mandatory in the result.  However, the XSD in Section 4.3 does not agree.

Excerpt:

      <!--

      <!--

I'm pretty sure you want a "minOccurs=0" included on the currency element for the command.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Jim

_______________________________________________
EppExt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eppext

---

From: Gavin Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 18:00:39 +0000

Hi Jim,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've fixed my working draft.

G.

-- 
Gavin Brown
Chief Technology Officer
CentralNic Group plc (LSE:CNIC)
Innovative, Reliable and Flexible Registry Services
for ccTLD, gTLD and private domain name registries
https://www.centralnic.com/

CentralNic Group plc is a company registered in England and Wales with
company number 8576358. Registered Offices: 35-39 Moorgate, London,
EC2R 6AR.