Subject: [eppext] Seemingly contradictory/ambiguous language in draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase-04

From: Keith Gaughan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 11:49:55 +0000

In SS2.3, it states:

    For extensibility, the <launch:phase> element includes an OPTIONAL
    "name" attribute that can define a sub-phase or the full name of the
    phase when the <launch:phase> element has the "custom" value.

Which seems to imply that the 'name' attribute is only meant to be used
when <launch:phase> has a value of 'custom'.

The I-D seem to immediately contradict itself with the following:

    For example, the "claims" launch phase could have two sub-phases that
    include "landrush" and "open".

The only way I can reconcile these is if the first sentence has a
punctuation error in it and should read:

    For extensibility, the <launch:phase> element includes an OPTIONAL
    "name" attribute that can define a sub-phase, or the full name of the
    phase when the <launch:phase> element has the "custom" value.

The addition of the comma after 'sub-phase' clarifies that 'sub-phase'
refers to phase values other than 'custom' and that the 'name' attribute
can be used with phases other than 'custom'.

K.

-- 
Keith Gaughan, Development Lead
PGP/GPG key ID: 82AC3634
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd. <http://blacknight.host/>
12A Barrowside Business Park, Carlow, Ireland
Registered in Ireland, Company No.: 370845

---

From: "Gould, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 12:08:13 +0000

Keith,

I agree adding a comma would be helpful to separate the two cases of the use of the “name” attribute; although I don’t believe the implementers have had an issue with how it’s currently defined.  Any additional nit feedback like this would be very helpful.

Thanks,

—

JG

James Gould
Distinguished Engineer
[email-masked]

703-948-3271
12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190

VerisignInc.com<http://VerisignInc.com>

On Mar 6, 2015, at 11:49 AM, Keith Gaughan <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

In SS2.3, it states:

K.

_______________________________________________
EppExt mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/eppext