Subject: Re: [eppext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-brown-epp-fees-04.txt

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 17:27:10 +0200

Ed Pascoe <[email-masked]> 2015-02-18 07:02
> The competing version of this is the UnitedTLD "Price Categories Guide"
> http://rightside.co/fileadmin/downloads/policies/Rightside_Price_Categories.pdf
> which has not been formally published. However its in active use by
> Rightside, Donuts and Domain Name Services (that I know of) meaning that
> around 190 new TLDs are using it or about to do so.
 
There is also
https://ausregistry.github.io/doc/price-1.2/price-1.2.html

I've just implemented AusRegistry and Rightside extensions in my
toolkit Net::DRI.

Hence there is (at least) 3 extensions regarding price handling, with
obviously the same targets and sometimes very few differences. Often
some terminology ones (fee vs price vs charge - and I'm not a native
English speaker being able to grasp the subtetlies among them), some
features not everywhere, like specifying a period, etc…

I would be happy if all three authors publish their extension to the
IANA registry, if not as an I-D and to have discussions here
(I've sent respective authors my comments after implementing their
specifications, if they are reading this we can discuss them here
too), especially if there is some willingness into trying to merge all
works together.

-- 
Patrick Mevzek