Subject: [eppext] final draft charter

From: James Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:19:57 +0200

Based on the comments from the list and the discussion in the working 
group meeting, I have attached a revised charter.

The main part of the charter is now pretty stable.  Here is what will 
happen going forward.

A charter can not be submitted for formal approval until we have a set 
of milestones.  Based on the discussion in the working group meeting we 
have quite a set of documents to consider for working group documents.

The co-chairs will review this list and, for the purposes of discussion, 
we will assume that all documents interested in being a standards track 
specification will be included.  We will create a draft set of 
milestones for the working group based on including all documents.

As a separate message we will send the draft milestones to the list for 
discussion and consensus.  We will get this done in the next few days. 
The WG can make any changes necessary to the list.  Once we have 
consensus the milestones will be added to the charter.

Barry, our area director, told us that we can submit the charter without 
milestones so that he can add it to the data tracker.  This will also 
start some informal review of it.  I have submitted the charter attached 
here to Barry as suggested.

Once we have the milestones we can submit an updated charter to Barry to 
start the formal process.

Based on the IESG schedule, our goal is to conclude the milestone 
discussion prior to 13 August.  If we do this we will make the next IESG 
telechat and could have approval for our working group by 10 September. 
  If we miss the 13 August deadline the approval date will slip by two 
weeks, and continue to do that for each deadline we miss.

Keep a watch for the milestones proposal!

Jim

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 20:30:17 +0200

James Galvin <[email-masked]> 2015-07-23 14:22
> A charter can not be submitted for formal approval until we have a
> set of milestones.  Based on the discussion in the working group
> meeting we have quite a set of documents to consider for working
> group documents.
> 
> The co-chairs will review this list and, for the purposes of
> discussion, we will assume that all documents interested in being a
> standards track specification will be included.  We will create a
> draft set of milestones for the working group based on including all
> documents.

Sorry in advance for this newbie question:
as I offered some time ago, I still wish to work on some extensions
that would factor out, especially for contacts, what are most often
seen currently at various registries, and then hope that this would
seem useful to the working group, and maybe then target standards
track.

With this hypothesis, should I either
- hurry to publish some -00 version in order to be able to catch the
  first milestone list, even if the document will be far from finished
- or, just work on it as I can, and ask later for inclusion to
  milestones, if this list can change then?

Thanks in advance for your guidance, and support.

-- 
Patrick Mevzek