Subject: [Fecframe] FW: New Version Notification for draft-begen-fecframe-1d2d-parity-scheme-00

From: "Ali Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:03:21 -0800

Hi everyone,

New draft on using partiy codes and their RTP payload format.

http://www.tools.ietf.org/id/draft-begen-fecframe-1d2d-parity-scheme-00.
txt

Comments are welcome.

-acbegen 

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 1:53 PM
To: Ali Begen (abegen)
Cc: Rajiv Asati (rajiva)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-begen-fecframe-1d2d-parity-scheme-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-fecframe-1d2d-parity-scheme-00.txt has
been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-fecframe-1d2d-parity-scheme
Revision:	 00
Title:		 1-D and 2-D Parity FEC Scheme for FEC Framework
Creation_date:	 2008-02-18
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 22

Abstract:
This document describes a Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Scheme for the one-dimensional (1-D) and two-dimensional (2-D)
parity codes and its application to reliable delivery of media streams
in the context of FEC Framework.  The 1-D and 2-D parity codes are
systematic codes, where a number of repair symbols are generated from a
set of source symbols and sent in one or more repair flows in addition
to the source symbols that are sent to the
receiver(s) within a source flow.  The 1-D and 2-D parity codes offer a
good protection against random and bursty packet losses at a cost of
decent complexity.  This document also specifies an RTP payload format
for the FEC that is generated by the 1-D and 2-D parity codes from a
source media encapsulated in RTP.  The FEC defined in this document is
not backward compatible with RFC 5109.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Fecframe mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe