Subject: [Fecframe] FW: New Version Notification for draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-00

From: "Ali Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:39:40 -0700

FYI. This is the spec for the interleaved parity FEC scheme used as the
base layer of the DVB AL-FEC protocol.

The link is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec
-scheme-00.txt

BR,
-acbegen 

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 11:38 AM
To: Ali Begen (abegen)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-00.txt
has been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme
Revision:	 00
Title:		 1-D Interleaved Parity FEC Scheme for FEC Framework
Creation_date:	 2008-07-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 26

Abstract:
This document describes a Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Scheme for the one-dimensional (1-D) interleaved parity code and
its application to reliable delivery of media streams in the context of
FEC Framework.  The 1-D interleaved parity code is a systematic code,
where a number of repair symbols are generated from a set of source
symbols and sent in one or more repair flows in addition to the source
symbols that are sent to the receiver(s) within a source flow.  The 1-D
interleaved parity code offers a good protection against bursty packet
losses at a cost of decent complexity.  This document extends the FEC
header defined in RFC 2733 and registers a new RTP payload format for
the FEC that is generated by the 1-D interleaved parity code from a
source media encapsulated in RTP.  This new payload format is compatible
with and used as a part of the DVB Application-layer FEC Specification.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Fecframe mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe