Subject: [Fecframe] Dublin Agenda

From: "Greg Shepherd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 20:15:34 -0700

After some fragmentation it looks like some of the pieces are coming
together for the Dublin meeting. We have at least four drafts to discuss -
listed below - so please send agenda slots requests for these and any other
relevant topics, with a time allotment to Marshall and I soon.

Pseudo Content Delivery Protocol (CDP) for Protecting Multiple Source Flows
in FEC Framework
draft-kozat-fecframe-pseudo-cdp

Raptor FEC Schemes for FECFRAME
draft-watson-fecframe-raptor

1-D Interleaved Parity FEC Scheme for FEC Framework
draft-begen-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme

DVB Application-Layer Hybrid FEC Protection
draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec

Signaling Protocol to convey FEC Framework Configuration Information
draft-ietf-fecframe-config-signaling-00.txt

Thanks,
Greg
_______________________________________________
Fecframe mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe

---

From: Mark Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:00:54 -0700

All,

I will also be submitting an update to the Framework draft. The primary new
issue there will be some text on the use of RTP as a transport for repair
flows by FEC Schemes. We discussed this at the previous meetings and there
has been some discussion on the list. Of course any FEC Scheme is already
free to specify that its repair packets contain RTP headers without
modification to the framework, but since this looks like it will be a common
requirement I think some framework-level text will be valuable, perhaps even
defining a common component which can be used by FEC Schemes to handle the
RTP encapsulation of the repair flows ?

...Mark

On 7/7/08 8:15 PM, "Greg Shepherd" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> After some fragmentation it looks like some of the pieces are coming together
> for the Dublin meeting. We have at least four drafts to discuss - listed below
> - so please send agenda slots requests for these and any other relevant
> topics, with a time allotment to Marshall and I soon.
> 
> Pseudo Content Delivery Protocol (CDP) for Protecting Multiple Source Flows in
> FEC Framework