Subject: [Fecframe] FW: New Version Notification for draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00

From: "Ali Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:38:33 -0700

FYI. This is the draft that explains the DVB's AL-FEC protocol.

The link is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00.t
xt

BR,
-acbegen 

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 3:35 PM
To: Ali Begen (abegen)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00

A new version of I-D, draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-begen-fecframe-dvb-al-fec
Revision:	 00
Title:		 DVB Application-Layer Hybrid FEC Protection
Creation_date:	 2008-07-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 10

Abstract:
This document describes the Application-layer Forward Error Correction
(FEC) protocol that was developed by the Digital Video Broadcasting
(DVB) consortium for the protection of media streams over IP networks.
The DVB AL-FEC protocol uses two layers for FEC protection.  The first
(base) layer is based on the 1-D interleaved parity code.  The second
(enhancement) layer is based on the Raptor code.  Since both of these
codes have already been specified in separate documents, the current
document does not define the details of these codes but provides the
references to the respective specifications.  By offering a layered
approach, the DVB AL-FEC offers a good protection against both bursty
and random packet losses at a cost of decent complexity.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Fecframe mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe