Subject: [Fecframe] FW: New Version Notification for draft-watson-fecframe-raptor-00

From: Mark Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:45:49 -0700

------ Forwarded Message
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon,  7 Jul 2008 13:36:47 -0700 (PDT)
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-watson-fecframe-raptor-00

A new version of I-D, draft-watson-fecframe-raptor-00.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Mark Watson and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:  draft-watson-fecframe-raptor
Revision:  00
Title:   Raptor FEC Schemes for FECFRAME
Creation_date:  2008-07-07
WG ID:   Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 19

Abstract:
This document describes Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Schemes for the Raptor code and its application to reliable
delivery of media streams in the context of FEC Framework.  The
Raptor code is a systematic code, where a number of repair symbols
are generated from a set of source symbols and sent in one or more
repair flows in addition to the source symbols that are sent to the
receiver(s) within a source flow.  The Raptor code offers a close to
optimal protection against arbitrary packet losses at a low
computational complexity.  Two FEC Schemes are defined, one for
protection of arbitrary packet flows and another for protection of a
single flow that already contains a sequence number.  Repair data may
be sent over arbitrary datagram transport (e.g.  UDP) or using RTP.
An RTP Payload Type is defined for this latter case.

The IETF Secretariat.

------ End of Forwarded Message

_______________________________________________
Fecframe mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe