Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action:draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DVB Application-Layer Hybrid FEC Protection
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, T. Stockhammer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-08-29

This document describes the Application-layer Forward Error
Correction (FEC) protocol that was developed by the Digital Video
Broadcasting (DVB) consortium for the protection of media streams
over IP networks.  The DVB AL-FEC protocol uses two layers for FEC
protection.  The first (base) layer is based on the 1-D interleaved
parity code.  The second (enhancement) layer is based on the Raptor
code.  By offering a layered approach, the DVB AL-FEC offers a good
protection against both bursty and random packet losses at a cost of
decent complexity.  The 1-D interleaved parity code and Raptor code
have already been specified in separate documents and the current
document normatively references these specifications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Fecframe mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe