Subject: [Fecframe] FW: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-00.txt

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:22:53 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Forward Error Correction Grouping Semantics in
Session Description Protocol
	Author(s)       : A. Begen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-01-21

The Session Description Protocol (SDP) supports grouping media lines.
SDP also has semantics defined for grouping the associated source and
Forward Error Correction (FEC)-based repair flows.  However, the
semantics that were defined in RFC 4756 generally fail to provide the
specific grouping relationships between the source and repair flows when
there are more than one source and/or repair flows in the same group.
Furthermore, the existing semantics also do not support additive repair
flows.  This document addresses these issues by introducing new FEC
grouping semantics.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Fecframe mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/fecframe

---

From: Greg Shepherd <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:30:59 -0800

Greg

---

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:39:19 -0800

additivity, thanks to 3388bis. We removed the prioritization stuff out
of this draft. As a matter of fact, I will remove it from the SDP
elements draft as well in the next update (per our discussion in the
last meeting).

-acbegen

> From: Greg Shepherd [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:31 PM
> To: Ali C. Begen (abegen)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Fecframe] FW: [MMUSIC] I-D 
> Action:draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4756bis-00.txt
> 
> Thanks Ali. Do you plan on presenting this in the Fecframe WG 
> meeting as well?
> 
> Greg
> 
> > From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> > Behalf Of [email-masked]
> > specific grouping relationships between the source and repair flows 
> > when there are more than one source and/or repair flows in 
> the same group.
> > Furthermore, the existing semantics also do not support additive 
> > repair flows.  This document addresses these issues by 
> introducing new 
> > FEC grouping semantics.
> >