Subject: [Fecframe] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-roca-fecframe-rs-00]

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:58:18 +0100

Hello,

FYI, we just submitted an I-D describing the use of Reed-Solomon
codes in the context of FecFrame (I should say "starting to describe"
since several sections are still TBD) .

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roca-fecframe-rs-00.txt

This document inherits from
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-rs/
the code specifications.

Regards,

  Vincent, Mathieu, Jerome, Amine, and Kazu.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-roca-fecframe-rs-00
Date: Wed,  4 Mar 2009 07:46:10 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],        [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-roca-fecframe-rs-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Vincent Roca and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-roca-fecframe-rs
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Reed-Solomon Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME
Creation_date:	 2009-03-04
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 32

Abstract:
This document describes four fully-specified FEC schemes for Reed-
Solomon codes that can be used to protect media streams along the
lines defined by the FECFRAME framework.  Reed-Solomon codes belong
to the class of Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means
they offer optimal protection against packet erasures.  They are also
systematic codes, which means that the source symbols are part of the
encoding symbols.  The price to pay is a limit on the maximum source
block size, on the maximum number of encoding symbols, and a
computational complexity higher than that of sparse parity check
based FEC codes.  However, this complexity remains compatible with
software codecs.

The first scheme is for Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^m), with m in
{2..16}, a global FEC encoding and arbitrary packet flows.  The
second scheme is for Reed-Solomon codes over GF(2^^m), with m in
{2..16}, the general case FEC encoding, and arbitrary packet flows.
The third (resp. fourth) scheme is similar to the first (resp.
second) scheme, with the exception that it is for a single sequenced
flow.

The IETF Secretariat.