Subject: [Fecframe] IPR disclosures and fecframe activities

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:32:36 +0100

Mark,

I searched the IETF IPR disclosure site about possible declarations
related to the fecframe WG. There's *nothing* as of today, March 5th!

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?option=wg_search&wg_search=fecframe

I remember that DF made a disclosure in Dec. 2005 related to
draft-watson-tsvwg-fec-sf-00:
---
# 2005-12-13  	ID # 674
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/674/
---

No other IPR disclosure has been made during the past 3+ years AFAIK,
whereas this I-D lays the fondations of the fecframe activities. Hence
my questions:

- Can your company update the IPR disclosure to clarify the fact it
  does concern the fecframe WG (if still relevant, of course)?

- In particular, can your company provide the list of patents
  (disclosure # 674 only mentions "one or more patent claims" without
  any detail)?

- Does your new company still commit to grant a "royalty-free license",
  as was the case in IPR disclosure # 674?

Answers to the above questions would be of upmost importance, in
particular to whoever implements the fecframe specifications, be it
for commercial purposes or not. Thanks!

Regards,

  Vincent