Subject: [Fecframe] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-02

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 20:33:36 -0800

Hi everyone,

I completed the missing sections in this spec. With the informational
DVB AL-FEC draft (updated a short time ago), I believe these are ready
for WGLC.

Note that these two documents are not dependent on the framework draft,
thus we can move forward with WGLC. If agreed, a joint FECFRAME/AVT WGLC
should take place.

I'd appreciate if you could review both documents. Here are the links.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-
scheme-02.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-01.txt

I am planning to give a quick update on both drafts in the fecframe
session.

-acbegen

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:19 PM
To: Ali C. Begen (abegen)
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-02 

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-02.txt
has been successfuly submitted by Ali Begen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme
Revision:	 02
Title:		 RTP Payload Format for 1-D Interleaved Parity FEC
Creation_date:	 2009-03-07
WG ID:		 fecframe
Number_of_pages: 30

Abstract:
This document defines a new RTP payload format for the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) that is generated by the 1-D interleaved parity code
from a source media encapsulated in RTP.  The 1-D interleaved parity
code is a systematic code, where a number of repair symbols are
generated from a set of source symbols and sent in a repair flow
separate from the source flow that carries the source symbols.  The
1-D interleaved parity code offers a good protection against bursty
packet losses at a cost of decent complexity.  The new payload format
defined in this document is used as a part of the DVB Application-
layer FEC Specification.

The IETF Secretariat.