Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action:draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for 1-D Interleaved Parity FEC
	Author(s)       : A. Begen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-04.txt
	Pages           : 31
	Date            : 2009-04-29

This document defines a new RTP payload format for the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) that is generated by the 1-D interleaved parity code
from a source media encapsulated in RTP.  The 1-D interleaved parity
code is a systematic code, where a number of repair symbols are
generated from a set of source symbols and sent in a repair flow
separate from the source flow that carries the source symbols.  The
1-D interleaved parity code offers a good protection against bursty
packet losses at a cost of decent complexity.  The new payload format
defined in this document is used (with some exceptions) as a part of
the DVB Application-layer FEC specification.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-interleaved-fec-scheme-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.