Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action:draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 14:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Raptor FEC Schemes for FECFRAME
	Author(s)       : M. Watson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-07-08

This document describes Fully-Specified Forward Error Correction
(FEC) Schemes for the Raptor code and its application to reliable
delivery of media streams in the context of FEC Framework.  The
Raptor code is a systematic code, where a number of repair symbols
are generated from a set of source symbols and sent in one or more
repair flows in addition to the source symbols that are sent to the
receiver(s) within a source flow.  The Raptor code offers a close to
optimal protection against arbitrary packet losses at a low
computational complexity.  Two FEC Schemes are defined, one for
protection of arbitrary packet flows and another for protection of a
single flow that already contains a sequence number.  Repair data may
be sent over arbitrary datagram transport (e.g.  UDP) or using RTP.
An RTP Payload Type is defined for this latter case.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-raptor-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.