Subject: [Fecframe] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-roca-fecframe-ldpc-00]

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:11:10 +0200

Hello,

We have submitted a new I-D that specifies the use of LDPC-staircase
FEC schemes in the context of FECFRAME.

This document inherits from RFC 5170 the specifications of LDPC-Staircase
codes and defines two FEC schemes. I'll quickly give some factual elements
on the performances of these codes during next IETF if I have time.

Direct link:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-roca-fecframe-ldpc-00

Cheers,

   Vincent, Mathieu & Jérôme.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-roca-fecframe-ldpc-00
Date: Fri,  3 Jul 2009 13:34:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-roca-fecframe-ldpc-00.txt has been successfuly submitted by Vincent Roca and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-roca-fecframe-ldpc
Revision:	 00
Title:		 LDPC-Staircase Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME
Creation_date:	 2009-07-03
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 27

Abstract:
This document describes two fully-specified FEC schemes for LDPC-
Staircase codes that can be used to protect media streams along the
lines defined by the FECFRAME framework.  It inherits from RFC5170
the specifications of LDPC-Staircase codes.  More specifically, these
codes belong to the well-known class of "Low Density Parity Check"
codes.  They are large block FEC codes, in the sense of RFC3453,
since they can efficiently deal with a large number of source
symbols.  They are also systematic codes, since the source symbols
are part of the encoding symbols.  Finally, they can perform close to
ideal codes in many use-cases, since decoding is often possible after
receiving a small number of encoding symbols in addition to the
strict minimum, while keeping very high encoding and decoding
throughputs with a software codec.

LDPC-Staircase codes are therefore a good solution for the protection
of high bitrate ADU flows, or when several mid-bitrate flows are
protected together by a single FECFRAME instance.  They are also a
good solution whenever the processing load of a software encoder or
decoder must be kept to a minimum.

The first scheme describes the use of LDPC-Staircase codes in a
FECFRAME instance in order to protect arbitrary ADU flows.  The
second scheme is similar to the first scheme, with the exception that
it is for a single sequenced ADU flow.

The IETF Secretariat.