Subject: [Fecframe] new draft: RTP Payload Format for Reed Solomon FEC of Multiple Flows

From: "Sarit Galanos" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 09:20:45 +0300

Hi,

A new draft was posted: "RTP Payload Format for Reed Solomon FEC of
Multiple Flows"

This document defines a new RTP payload format for the Forward Error

Correction (FEC) that uses Reed-Solomon codes.  The format defined by

this document enables the protection of multiple source flows with

one or more repair flows and is based on the FEC framework.

The Reed-Solomon codes used in this document belong to the class 

of Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means they offer optimal

protection against random and bursty packet losses.

Please find the draft under:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-mf-00.tx
t
 
Comments and feedback are appreciated.

Sarit Galanos

Senior Researcher

CTO office

RADVISION(r)

Delivering the Visual ExperienceTM

Tel: 972.3.767.9620

Fax: 972-3.767.9606

Mobile: 972.54.776.9620

NASDAQ: RVSN

Website: www.radvision.com

This email message and any attachments thereto are intended 

only for use by the addressee(s) named above, and contains 

RADVISION confidential information and may contain legally 

privileged information. If the reader of this message is not 

the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any 

dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication 

is strictly prohibited. If you have received this 

communication in error, please immediately notify us by 

e-mail, phone or fax and destroy the original message.