Subject: [Fecframe] I-D Action:draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the FEC Framework Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : DVB Application-Layer Hybrid FEC Protection
	Author(s)       : A. Begen, T. Stockhammer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2009-08-11

This document describes the Application-layer Forward Error
Correction (FEC) protocol that was developed by the Digital Video
Broadcasting (DVB) consortium for the protection of media streams
over IP networks.  The DVB AL-FEC protocol uses two layers for FEC
protection.  The first (base) layer is based on the 1-D interleaved
parity code.  The second (enhancement) layer is based on the Raptor
code.  By offering a layered approach, the DVB AL-FEC offers a good
protection against both bursty and random packet losses at a cost of
decent complexity.  The 1-D interleaved parity code and Raptor code
have already been specified in separate documents and the current
document normatively references these specifications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fecframe-dvb-al-fec-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:50:49 -0700

No changes at all except the new boilerplate and address info. This draft has been waiting for a long time to be WGLC'ed (It has a dependency on the Raptor draft.)

As the authors, we would like to ask for WGLC for this draft and think that the Raptor draft can be last called when it is ready. 

Chairs,

Could you issue a WGLC for this draft?

Thanks.
-acbegen