Subject: [Fecframe] [Fwd: Posting of IPR Disclosure related to QUALCOMM Incorporated's Statement about IPR related to draft-roca-fecframe-rs-01]

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:29:04 +0200

Hello everybody,

I am forwarding the IPR disclosure we received last week to the
fecframe mailing list, so that everybody be aware of the situation.

Concerning the IPR disclosure now...

Mike and Mark,

After looking at the disclosure, I see that the disclosure relates
to an "unpublished pending patent application".
Indeed, a search on various dedicated sites did not enable me to
retrieve any document.

Since I do want to understand your concern, could you please answer
to the following questions:

- Do I understand the situation correctly?

- Do you plan to provide the above document(s) to the fecframe WG
  or to the authors, even if they are not published?

- If not, do you plan to indicate which part(s) of our I-D is covered
  according to you, and why?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

   Vincent

Subject: Posting of IPR Disclosure related to QUALCOMM Incorporated's Statement about IPR related to draft-roca-fecframe-rs-01
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 12:01:21 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Vincent Roca, Jerome Lacan, Kazuhisa Matsuzono, Mathieu Cunche, Amine Bouabdallah:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "Reed-Solomon
Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes for FECFRAME" (draft-roca-fecframe-rs)
was submitted to the IETF Secretariat on 2009-09-08 and has been posted on the
"IETF Page of Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1183/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"QUALCOMM Incorporated's Statement about IPR related to
draft-roca-fecframe-rs-01."

The IETF Secretariat