Subject: [Fecframe] new draft: RTP Payload Format for Reed Solomon FEC

From: "Orly Peck" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:00:31 +0200

Hi,

A new draft was posted: "RTP Payload Format for Reed Solomon FEC".

This draft is based on the draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-mf-00
which was presented at IETF 75 by Einat Yellin. 
This new draft defines a format for Reed-Solomon for a single flow as
was agreed in the IETF meeting.

This document defines a new RTP payload format for the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) that uses Reed-Solomon codes.  The format defined by
this document enables the protection of source media encapsulated in RTP
with

one or more repair flows and is based on the FEC framework.

The Reed-Solomon codes used in this document belong to the class of
Maximum Distance Separable (MDS) codes which means they offer optimal
protection against random and bursty packet losses.

Please find the draft under:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-galanos-fecframe-rtp-reedsolomon-00.txt
 
Comments and feedback are appreciated.
 
Thanks,
Orly Peck.